Welcome, Guest. Please Login
Tinderbox
  News:
IMPORTANT MESSAGE! This forum has now been replaced by a new forum at http://forum.eastgate.com and no further posting or member registration is allowed. The forum is still accessible via read-only access for reference purposes. If you wish to discuss content here, please use the new forum. N.B. - posting in the new forum requires a fresh registration in the new forum (sorry - member data can't be ported).
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Attribute Font (Read 1720 times)
AGHorne

Attribute Font
May 11th, 2011, 8:14am

Sometimes I like to have a different font for my titles.  I found an interesting font I like, but I don't want this font to carry over to the notes attributes.

Would it be possible to have an $AttributeFont?  Or perhaps just tie the notes attribute font = to the note's font and not the $NameFont?

IP Logged
Mark Anderson
YaBB Administrator

User - not staff!

Southsea, UK
Re: Attribute Font
Reply #1 - May 11th, 2011, 8:41am

This strikes me as useful. To re-state the problem: text window key attributes' titles and values use $NameFont. Give a note a few key attributes and then set the note's $NameFont to "Zapfino" to really illustrate the problem. A display font is fine for a map icon title and even in other main views, but arguably less so do a data display/edit table.

Perhaps what we need is a new TextFormat group String-type attribute $KeyAttributesFont which, as the name might imply is the name used to draw text in the key attributes table. Though I don't see a real need, by extension one might also consider: $KeyAttributesFont2 (used for values only if set), $KeyAttributesColor, $KeyAttributesSize. I can see that having different fonts in the two columns might seem night but character heights vary by font for the same font size so drawing the KA table could get messy. However colour and size could be useful - latter especially so for the hard-of-seeing with hi-res screens.

--
Mark Anderson
TB user and Wiki Gardener
aTbRef v6
(TB consulting - email me)
WWW shoantel   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print