Welcome, Guest. Please Login
Tinderbox
  News:
IMPORTANT MESSAGE! This forum has now been replaced by a new forum at http://forum.eastgate.com and no further posting or member registration is allowed. The forum is still accessible via read-only access for reference purposes. If you wish to discuss content here, please use the new forum. N.B. - posting in the new forum requires a fresh registration in the new forum (sorry - member data can't be ported).
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
linkTo() create links to aliases (Read 3112 times)
Paul Walters

linkTo() create links to aliases
May 12th, 2011, 5:38am

In this post mentioned a case where it would be useful for the aliases shown on a map of an agent to have the same links displayed as for the original notes.  Following Mark Anderson's advice, perhaps this could be done if linkTo() were able to create links to aliases.

I realize actually performing the coding for this suggestion must be fraught with many hairy unknowns, and appreciate the complexity (as far as I understand it).  That said, it would immensely contribute to my own map making, as in the case I'm now working with, and others.  

(I believe I'm not asking for inheritance - in the genetic, automatic sense - but coerced cosmetic congruence.  But, that might be a distinction without a difference.)

« Last Edit: May 12th, 2011, 6:22am by Paul Walters »  
  IP Logged
Mark Anderson
YaBB Administrator

User - not staff!

Southsea, UK
Re: linkTo() create links to aliases
Reply #1 - May 12th, 2011, 5:59am

FWIW, I've already submitted an email report on the issue of (un)link operators and aliases. I'd agree with your presumption that there may be good engineering reasons why what might appear intuitive is perhaps not so easy to achieve in practice.

--
Mark Anderson
TB user and Wiki Gardener
aTbRef v6
(TB consulting - email me)
WWW shoantel   IP Logged
Tom Shannon

Reply #2 - May 19th, 2011, 4:32am

Related to this issue (and probably easier to execute), it really would be nice to be able to easily locate all of the aliases of a note.  Assuming there isn't already a way to quickly do it and I've missed it.  There have been a number of times where I've thought this would help with navigation if nothing else.

Tom S.

IP Logged
Mark Anderson
YaBB Administrator

User - not staff!

Southsea, UK
Reply #3 - May 19th, 2011, 5:10am

Have you read these articles? Querying for aliases - agents and Querying for aliases - find(). I think the latter addresses your problem.

--
Mark Anderson
TB user and Wiki Gardener
aTbRef v6
(TB consulting - email me)
WWW shoantel   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print