Welcome, Guest. Please Login
Tinderbox
  News:
IMPORTANT MESSAGE! This forum has now been replaced by a new forum at http://forum.eastgate.com and no further posting or member registration is allowed. The forum is still accessible via read-only access for reference purposes. If you wish to discuss content here, please use the new forum. N.B. - posting in the new forum requires a fresh registration in the new forum (sorry - member data can't be ported).
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Continuous text editing in Explorer View (Read 9504 times)
Les Orchard

Livonia, MI
Re: Continuous text editing in Explorer View
Reply #15 - May 25th, 2011, 11:50am

For what it's worth, I've long valued the thought & content management and export features of Tinderbox over the analytics. I've tossed a word count onto an outline from time to time, but have never found a use for any or the graphing or timeline features.

For me, Tinderbox is where I start and stay when brainstorming, researching, outlining, and authoring a book or an article. Maybe I should check out Scrivener, though Tinderbox usually has 80-90% of what I'm looking for until I have to copy & paste my text into whatever horrifying MS Word based production template a publisher has waiting for me.

--
l.m.orchard@pobox.com
{web,mad,computer} scientist
http://decafbad.com
WWW deus_x deusx23   IP Logged
Mark Bernstein
YaBB Administrator

designer of
Tinderbox

Eastgate Systems, Inc.
Re: Continuous text editing in Explorer View
Reply #16 - May 25th, 2011, 12:03pm

Scrivener's a great intermediate stage for this kind of writing.

When the final destination is an important and significant written product -- a long article, say, or a book -- many writers see a natural flow from the thinking, analysis, and content assistantship at which Tinderbox excels toward refining and polishing the prose stream and then, finally, to formatting.

I think you might find Scrivener congenial glue toward the end of this process, letting you peform final editing in a well-conceived environment. Then, when everything is right, you can move the finished work to your publisher's template.

WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print