Welcome, Guest. Please Login
Tinderbox
  News:
IMPORTANT MESSAGE! This forum has now been replaced by a new forum at http://forum.eastgate.com and no further posting or member registration is allowed. The forum is still accessible via read-only access for reference purposes. If you wish to discuss content here, please use the new forum. N.B. - posting in the new forum requires a fresh registration in the new forum (sorry - member data can't be ported).
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Autosave autosave autosave (Read 1966 times)
Greg Korgeski

Vermont
Autosave autosave autosave
May 26th, 2011, 11:06am

Like the new autosave  option.  But can we get an option for every X minutes, please?  I have had too many times when my main TBX document (my "everything dump") crashes or I just forget and don't save.  Just now lost about, oh, ten minutes' work on a project because heck, I autosaved all morning, but what with multitasking and so on, just didn't do the last one in time...

Personally I'd probably prefer a nearly automatic, save every second option.  I have a 7000+ note document and saving takes very little time.  

I think one of the problems is the fact that so much of my work is done in things like Scrivener where autosaving is done constantly.  So the whole habit thing is not so entrenched.  But still, having done it about fifty times already this morning, it is frustrating when doing something causes TBX to crash (for some reason, dragging an URL to a map crashed it).. and so I lost stuff.

Thanks!

Greg

IP Logged
Lucas D

Re: Autosave autosave autosave
Reply #1 - May 26th, 2011, 11:45am

Possibly related: OS X 10.7 "Lion" will feature "Auto Save":

http://www.apple.com/macosx/lion/

Quote:
Say good-bye to manual saving. Auto Save in Mac OS X Lion automatically saves your work ó while you work ó so you donít have to. Lion saves changes in the working document instead of creating additional copies, making the best use of available disk space. The lock feature prevents inadvertent changes from being saved and automatically locks documents after two weeks. And the revert feature returns you to the state the document was in when you last opened it, so you can feel free to experiment with confidence.*

*Available with apps that have been developed to work with Lion.
All features are subject to change.

I have no idea whether Tinderbox will be designed to work with this feature, but I thought it was worth mentioning.

WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print