Welcome, Guest. Please Login
Tinderbox
  News:
IMPORTANT MESSAGE! This forum has now been replaced by a new forum at http://forum.eastgate.com and no further posting or member registration is allowed. The forum is still accessible via read-only access for reference purposes. If you wish to discuss content here, please use the new forum. N.B. - posting in the new forum requires a fresh registration in the new forum (sorry - member data can't be ported).
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Tweet from TB (Read 3230 times)
Mariano

US (for now)
Tweet from TB
May 27th, 2011, 3:05pm

Hello,

I am quite new to TB and the RunCommand actions. I downloaded a file (i.e. named Twitterbox_553.tbx) with some templates showing how to send TB notes to Twitter. However, after changing USERNAMETongueASSWORD with my credentials it simply does not work (no tweets sent on adding notes to the adornment).

Has something changed in Twitter API since that TBX file was created? If so, any idea how to update the RunCommand line to have it working again?

I have XCode 4, X11, and curl installed. Do I have to change something so TB access the Shell?

Thank you very much!!!!

Cheers

Mariano

IP Logged
Mark Bernstein
YaBB Administrator

designer of
Tinderbox

Eastgate Systems, Inc.
Re: Tweet from TB
Reply #1 - May 27th, 2011, 4:57pm

Yes -- the Twitter API has changed since the demo.  So the general principles apply, but the details have changed.  

If there's interest specifically in Twitter, or perhaps in another Web service, we'll be happy to do a fresh demo.  Perhaps another forum reader has already updated this?

WWW   IP Logged
Mark Anderson
YaBB Administrator

User - not staff!

Southsea, UK
Reply #2 - May 27th, 2011, 6:31pm

As noted in answer to Mariano's parallel posting on this, I think Twitter recent fiddling around with the way in which you can access Twitter means the method we used to read from/post to Twitter may simply no longer be available.  If so, only twitter can change the API, there's nothing Tinderbox can do.

I'll try and review my old demo next week after the Holiday weekend.

--
Mark Anderson
TB user and Wiki Gardener
aTbRef v6
(TB consulting - email me)
WWW shoantel   IP Logged
Mariano

US (for now)
Reply #3 - Jun 1st, 2011, 3:19am

Thank you!

this will be incredibly useful in my workflow!

Cheers

Mariano

IP Logged
Mark Anderson
YaBB Administrator

User - not staff!

Southsea, UK
Reply #4 - Jun 1st, 2011, 3:56am

Mariano. I meant to note before, can you email successfully from your command line? You need to verify that *before* trying the demo. I recall now that in going from OS 10.4 -> 10.5 ->10.6 this has become harder to do without fiddling under the hood. I guess it got disabled as a 'safety' measure. If you can't email To get mail working , I'd recommend an OS related forum as it's a whole different area of expertise.

--
Mark Anderson
TB user and Wiki Gardener
aTbRef v6
(TB consulting - email me)
WWW shoantel   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print