Welcome, Guest. Please Login
Tinderbox
  News:
IMPORTANT MESSAGE! This forum has now been replaced by a new forum at http://forum.eastgate.com and no further posting or member registration is allowed. The forum is still accessible via read-only access for reference purposes. If you wish to discuss content here, please use the new forum. N.B. - posting in the new forum requires a fresh registration in the new forum (sorry - member data can't be ported).
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Small Left Margin (Read 3393 times)
Tom Shannon

Small Left Margin
Jun 12th, 2011, 8:15am

Often when I'm reading a note I have a hard time locating the cursor.  Usually when this happens its because its at the beginning of a line.  This is because the cursor sits almost directly no top of the text widget border making it very difficult to identify.

Is there any way to add a small space, perhaps only a character wide, on the left side to alleviate this problem?

Thanks,
Tom S.

IP Logged
Paul Walters

Re: Small Left Margin
Reply #1 - Jun 12th, 2011, 11:03am

Does this improve if you use the "plain" style on the text?

IP Logged
Stephane

@istib
Reply #2 - Jun 12th, 2011, 11:43am

You can set the margins in the Document Preferences, under the "Text" tab

WWW   IP Logged
Tom Shannon

Reply #3 - Jun 12th, 2011, 7:05pm

@Paul - No, this doesn't seem to make a difference.  Thanks, anyway.

@Stephen - Thanks, I had not see this.  Unfortunately, this only applies to new notes so all of the ones I already have won't be affected.  But converting the old notes isn't nearly as important as having it set on the new ones.  Very helpful.

Tom S.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print