Welcome, Guest. Please Login
Tinderbox
  News:
IMPORTANT MESSAGE! This forum has now been replaced by a new forum at http://forum.eastgate.com and no further posting or member registration is allowed. The forum is still accessible via read-only access for reference purposes. If you wish to discuss content here, please use the new forum. N.B. - posting in the new forum requires a fresh registration in the new forum (sorry - member data can't be ported).
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Change "read only" on release notes? (Read 4423 times)
linn

Change "read only" on release notes?
Jun 20th, 2011, 12:25am

Hi, I'd like to merge the release notes file that comes with Tinderbox with "MyTBX notes." However, the Release Notes file is read only. Is there  a way that I can changes this feature? Or find the same file elsewhere that if not protected?  
Thanks,
Linn

IP Logged
Mark Anderson
YaBB Administrator

User - not staff!

Southsea, UK
Re: Change "read only" on release notes?
Reply #1 - Jun 20th, 2011, 3:14am

Travelling with only iPad, so can't test, but try File menu, Save as. If the saved copy is still read-only, select the file in Finder and use Get Info then un-tick the read-only flag.

--
Mark Anderson
TB user and Wiki Gardener
aTbRef v6
(TB consulting - email me)
WWW shoantel   IP Logged
Paul Walters

Reply #2 - Jun 20th, 2011, 8:53am

The instance of the Release Notes tbx that opens from the Help menu cannot be saved (File > Save As is greyed out).  The document is found at:

~/Applications/Tinderbox/MacOS/doc/Tinderbox release notes.tbx

To access the contents of the Tinderbox application package, right click it in Finder and chose Show Package Contents.

Though the file can be opened from inside the Tinderbox application package, for safety first make a copy of the release notes file and move the copy to the desktop or other preferred location, from which it can be opened in Tinderbox.

IP Logged
linn

Reply #3 - Jun 21st, 2011, 1:52pm

Paul,
Thanks for the instructions--they did the trick.
Linn

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print