Welcome, Guest. Please Login
Tinderbox
  News:
IMPORTANT MESSAGE! This forum has now been replaced by a new forum at http://forum.eastgate.com and no further posting or member registration is allowed. The forum is still accessible via read-only access for reference purposes. If you wish to discuss content here, please use the new forum. N.B. - posting in the new forum requires a fresh registration in the new forum (sorry - member data can't be ported).
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Exporting Notes with URL info (Read 6578 times)
Eric Luke

Exporting Notes with URL info
Jun 21st, 2011, 4:45pm

I am trying to export research notes (to Scrivener) with Key Attribute: URL info in addition to note text.  Is there a way to do this?

Thanks

IP Logged
Eric Luke

Re: Exporting Notes with URL info
Reply #1 - Jun 21st, 2011, 5:22pm

Actually answered my own question (with custom template), but still wonder what's the best way to do this?  If I select multiple notes as text export, they come out as one long document with  titles missing (?).  Is there a way to export to HTML this way, which is more convenient in Scrivener?

Thanks

IP Logged
Mark Bernstein
YaBB Administrator

designer of
Tinderbox

Eastgate Systems, Inc.
Reply #2 - Jun 22nd, 2011, 5:33pm

You likely want to export to HTML (which can preserve text styles). Template commands like ^children() can be very helpful here for exporting an entire section in a single page.

WWW   IP Logged
Eric Luke

Reply #3 - Jun 22nd, 2011, 7:00pm

Sorry, is there a function to include a key attribute in an export to HTML?  I'm not finding how to create a template for HTML export, only to text.

IP Logged
Mark Bernstein
YaBB Administrator

designer of
Tinderbox

Eastgate Systems, Inc.
Reply #4 - Jun 22nd, 2011, 7:32pm

It's very much the same, though more export codes are useful for HTML.

^value($ChildCount)

would export the value of $ChildCount

WWW   IP Logged
Eric Luke

Reply #5 - Jun 22nd, 2011, 9:21pm

Thanks so much for all this personalized help; my systems are working and the whole process is a little addictive.  Is there a way to export the Key Attribute URL as an active link?

IP Logged
Mark Anderson
YaBB Administrator

User - not staff!

Southsea, UK
Reply #6 - Jun 23rd, 2011, 4:39am

Assuming the contents of $URL is a valid URL:

<a href="^value($URL)^">^value($URL)^</a>

For those unfamiliar with HTML, in the above code example, the first use of ^value is the target URL passed to the browser when the link is clicked and the second instance is the clickable on-screen link text.

The is no function to 'just' export key attributes. The latter may number zero, one, or many attributes all of which may differ in data type.  You need to insert appropriate code to handle the type of attributes you've chosen as key attributes. As well as the manual, do take a look at my aTbRef resource, especially the listings of export and action codes.

--
Mark Anderson
TB user and Wiki Gardener
aTbRef v6
(TB consulting - email me)
WWW shoantel   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print