Welcome, Guest. Please Login
Tinderbox
  News:
IMPORTANT MESSAGE! This forum has now been replaced by a new forum at http://forum.eastgate.com and no further posting or member registration is allowed. The forum is still accessible via read-only access for reference purposes. If you wish to discuss content here, please use the new forum. N.B. - posting in the new forum requires a fresh registration in the new forum (sorry - member data can't be ported).
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Scroll lists in "Attributes" tool with arrow keys (Read 3259 times)
Paul Walters

Scroll lists in "Attributes" tool with arrow keys
Jun 29th, 2011, 9:43am

It appears that the lists of attributes in the "Attributes" tool (Window > Attributes) cannot be scrolled with the up/down arrow keys.  At least, over here I need to use the mouse to click up and down in the scrollbars.  I am a slow mouser and a faster keyboarder - so it would be pleasant if the up/down arrow keys worked in these lists.

Thank you.

IP Logged
Mark Anderson
YaBB Administrator

User - not staff!

Southsea, UK
Re: Scroll lists in "Attributes" tool with a
Reply #1 - Jun 29th, 2011, 10:42am

Actually, the problem is slightly different. If you click Cmd+2 to open the Attributes palette, no focus is set focus is not set on the list box. You can neither select the sub-palettes (User, System, Colors, etc.) nor Tab around the controls on a sub-palette. However, you can mouse or key scroll the attribute lists once you've set focus on the list but that requires a mouse action - unless I've missed something.

« Last Edit: Jun 29th, 2011, 11:33am by Mark Anderson »  

--
Mark Anderson
TB user and Wiki Gardener
aTbRef v6
(TB consulting - email me)
WWW shoantel   IP Logged
Paul Walters

Re: Scroll lists in "Attributes" tool with arrow keys
Reply #2 - Jun 29th, 2011, 11:21am

So, this is interesting.  Mark Anderson's reply prompted me to go try again to scroll by arrow keys in the Attributes tool - which formerly I was unable to do.  I realize now why it didn't work.  If the focus is moved to the "Default Value" textbox (which I tend to do), the focus cannot be moved back to the attribute list, and keyboard scrolling no longer works, though using the mouse on the scrollbars does.

I'll close this Off the Wall request, and submit a ticket direct to Eastgate on the focus issue.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print