Welcome, Guest. Please Login
Tinderbox
  News:
IMPORTANT MESSAGE! This forum has now been replaced by a new forum at http://forum.eastgate.com and no further posting or member registration is allowed. The forum is still accessible via read-only access for reference purposes. If you wish to discuss content here, please use the new forum. N.B. - posting in the new forum requires a fresh registration in the new forum (sorry - member data can't be ported).
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Exporting to Scrivener (Read 9141 times)
Dominique Renauld

Exporting to Scrivener
Jul 25th, 2011, 12:54pm

Good evening, I've tried to export my tinderbox notes to Scrivener, but I can't get to change automatically my notes into an organized outline. I have to do it manually with the "split" function. Is there any tutorial about this point ? Thank you for your help.  Smiley

Twitter : @dominiq_renauld
WWW   IP Logged
Hugh

Re: Exporting to Scrivener
Reply #1 - Jul 25th, 2011, 1:50pm

IP Logged
Dominique Renauld

Reply #2 - Aug 13th, 2011, 4:45am

Good morning, the fact is that the link you indicated was too much complicated for my present skill. Therefore, i had to renounce to work with scrivener. The couple i use consists in Tinderbox and Texshop, a latex editor. I've found a very empirical way of using both. For my purpose, it's very convenient, even if it's not the solution i was searching for. In brief, i use the latex code into my tinderbox document and export it directly to Texshop. This one read it without any difficulty. For example, i use the following latex marks :

\section{Problématique}

my text

\subsection{Historique}

my text

And it works very well if only you're cautious to choose the good export option (export as text, and then select entire document and text only). I'm about to elaborate a short tutorial document to present the different phases of that way of working. But if you have any idea to suggest me and help me to use Tinderbox and Texshop with a more refine method, i would thank you !

« Last Edit: Aug 14th, 2011, 12:24am by Dominique Renauld »  

Twitter : @dominiq_renauld
WWW   IP Logged
Mark Bernstein
YaBB Administrator

designer of
Tinderbox

Eastgate Systems, Inc.
Reply #3 - Aug 14th, 2011, 11:43am

This seems to be a nice solution.  And we're looking into ways to make getting started with Scrivener export less forbidding.

WWW   IP Logged
Lucas D

Reply #4 - Aug 14th, 2011, 4:41pm

I use a somewhat similar set-up to Dominique. I add LaTeX code directly into Tinderbox and export via Nakakoji View. Through a combination of the magic of Keyboard Maestro and the auto-preview feature of Latexian, I have it set up so that a keyboard combination triggers an automatic LaTeX preview of what I'm writing in Tinderbox.

As such, I have found Tinderbox to be by far the best editor for LaTeX. I can do things like organize sentences and paragraphs hierarchically, keep track of them with agents, and meanwhile have an ongoing view of the finished product with LaTeX preview. It's also easy to set up custom syntax highlighting.

(Also, for references purposes, this thread should contain a link to this one.)

« Last Edit: Aug 14th, 2011, 4:45pm by Lucas D »  

WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print