Welcome, Guest. Please Login
Tinderbox
  News:
IMPORTANT MESSAGE! This forum has now been replaced by a new forum at http://forum.eastgate.com and no further posting or member registration is allowed. The forum is still accessible via read-only access for reference purposes. If you wish to discuss content here, please use the new forum. N.B. - posting in the new forum requires a fresh registration in the new forum (sorry - member data can't be ported).
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Exporting to Scrivener, yet again (Read 8004 times)
John Kendrick

Exporting to Scrivener, yet again
Aug 02nd, 2011, 11:29am

There's a longish thread on the "you've got a problem, post here" opening TBX subforum on this topic. I'm responding to that:

http://www.eastgate.com/Tinderbox/forum//YaBB.pl?num=1312035655/0

Mark, I checked your material and, as you assumed, the html export option now works. It produces, interestingly enough, an opml file and a folder. Importing that file into Scrivener worked perfectly. The folder then contains the separate notes from TBX, the ones in the file, with the children. All opml files.

The folder is a bit surprising since I only need, for Scrivener importing purposes, the file. I gather the html export wants to export the folder w/files as well.

Thanks again for the terrific support. No doubt, I'll have some questions in a few days. Other work is crowding in. Once it's done I'll get back to building TBX files and importing into Scrivener.

John Kendrick

IP Logged
Mark Anderson
YaBB Administrator

User - not staff!

Southsea, UK
Re: Exporting to Scrivener, yet again
Reply #1 - Aug 2nd, 2011, 12:38pm

Fixed that - fixed copy of the file uploaded to the same location.

Note: Sorry about the recent outbreak of non-working demos. I've been hit by a glitch we can't reproduce on other systems whereby TB doesn't export where I tell it to ... leading me to look at the wrong output and draw the wrong conclusions (and upload files with errors  Embarrassed) becasue I think things are fixed when they aren't.  Seemingly this is my glitch alone - and if so thankfully so! normal service will be resumed as soon as possible.

A new OPML export demo follows soon.

--
Mark Anderson
TB user and Wiki Gardener
aTbRef v6
(TB consulting - email me)
WWW shoantel   IP Logged
Ioa Petraka

Reply #2 - Aug 6th, 2011, 4:54pm

By the way, Scrivener 2.1 support OPML export now, so you can get back to Tinderbox with an outline format without too much fuss.

IP Logged
Mark Anderson
YaBB Administrator

User - not staff!

Southsea, UK
Reply #3 - Aug 6th, 2011, 5:13pm

Is there a publicly accessible page/document non-Scrivener user could look at to investigate Scrivener's OPML export?

--
Mark Anderson
aTbRef v6
WWW shoantel   IP Logged
Ioa Petraka

Reply #4 - Aug 9th, 2011, 5:01pm

There is now:

http://www.literatureandlatte.com/downloads/Tutorial.opml.zip

This is the entire "Draft" portion of the Scrivener tutorial. It is thus a fairly large OPML file with a heavy usage of the _notes attribute, to the tune of around 20,000 words total, and an outline depth of 4 (not counting the container that Tb adds for the OPML filename itself).

There are actually other options available. I could have specified various other forms of meta-data to be used in _notes, instead of the main text, but functionally these will be the same from an XML standpoint; it's just the content that would differ.

IP Logged
Mark Anderson
YaBB Administrator

User - not staff!

Southsea, UK
Reply #5 - Aug 9th, 2011, 7:39pm

Thanks. That imports nicely.  I did notice the <dateCreated> tag in the head isn't in RFC822 format as given in the OPML.org specification. Still, I don't think TB or Scrivener use that info.

For a TB user wishing to add the above tag within the <head> section of their wrapper template.:

<dateCreated>^value(date("today").format("*"))^</dateCreated>

--
Mark Anderson
aTbRef v6
WWW shoantel   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print