Welcome, Guest. Please Login
Tinderbox
  News:
IMPORTANT MESSAGE! This forum has now been replaced by a new forum at http://forum.eastgate.com and no further posting or member registration is allowed. The forum is still accessible via read-only access for reference purposes. If you wish to discuss content here, please use the new forum. N.B. - posting in the new forum requires a fresh registration in the new forum (sorry - member data can't be ported).
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Fixed index TBX for TB Tutorial CD 001 (Read 7324 times)
Mark Anderson
YaBB Administrator

User - not staff!

Southsea, UK
Fixed index TBX for TB Tutorial CD 001
Sep 07th, 2011, 6:58am

Due to mishap, the TBX that ships in the TB Tutorial 001 CD/DMG has an incorrect path so doesn't allow the $File button to open notes, as originally envisaged.

Get a ZIP of the corrected TBX: Tutorial001-Demo-Index.zip

~~~~~~~~

Please note:
  • The new TBX also fixes a couple of wrong prototype assignments.
  • You may find a few extra notes for files not in your set. The demo bank is ongoing and may have I added a (very) few things since the CD went to press - ignore the extra items.

--
Mark Anderson
TB user and Wiki Gardener
aTbRef v6
(TB consulting - email me)
WWW shoantel   IP Logged
Louis Toth
Ex Member

Re: Fixed index TBX for TB Tutorial CD 001
Reply #1 - Oct 11th, 2011, 5:40am

Is this file is correct  or require to search the file path to download?

IP Logged
Mark Anderson
YaBB Administrator

User - not staff!

Southsea, UK
Reply #2 - Oct 11th, 2011, 6:49am

This is a new index for those who have purchased Eastgate's Tutorial CD for which I supplied a number of demos. It enables those who have that resource to use the TBX index file to find and open files within the demo set. Depending on how you use the demo set (from CD, DMG, hard disk, etc.) you may need to change some path information to suit your configuration as described in the index TBX.

--
Mark Anderson
aTbRef v6
WWW shoantel   IP Logged
David Bertenshaw

Reply #3 - Nov 29th, 2011, 10:25am

Mark,

Just a quick note - the default path in your new index is different from the path to the dmg volume I downloaded today:

It's "/Volumes/Tinderbox Tutorial Series: Vol 1/TB Demos/Demo_Files/Biblio.tbx" in your index, while the dmg filename is /Volumes/Tinderbox Tutorial Series Vol 1/TB Demos/Demo_Files/Biblio.tbx" - i.e. missing the colon.

I corrected it easily enough using the instructions you give in "HOW TO RESET BASE...", but thought it was worth pointing out. It threw me for a short while when the default didn't work - because it's such a small difference in a long name I didn't notice it at first....

Regards

David

« Last Edit: Nov 29th, 2011, 10:27am by David Bertenshaw »  
  IP Logged
Mark Anderson
YaBB Administrator

User - not staff!

Southsea, UK
Reply #4 - Nov 29th, 2011, 11:14am

Although I contributed files for use on the DMG, it's not created by me. For support issue, please contact support. Please note this is not formal tech/service support but a user-to-user forum. For support issues like this you need to go direct to source.

If I recall, part of the original issue I never allowed for the fact someone might put a colon in file or folder name. Of course, for those who never used Macs pre-OSX such a 'limitation' might not seem so obvious. mismatched assumptions...

--
Mark Anderson
aTbRef v6
WWW shoantel   IP Logged
David Bertenshaw

Reply #5 - Nov 29th, 2011, 12:16pm

It's not an issue for me, Mark - as I said, I worked out what to do and all's well.

I simply mentioned it in case any one else came across the same problem...

Regards

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print