Welcome, Guest. Please Login
Tinderbox
  News:
IMPORTANT MESSAGE! This forum has now been replaced by a new forum at http://forum.eastgate.com and no further posting or member registration is allowed. The forum is still accessible via read-only access for reference purposes. If you wish to discuss content here, please use the new forum. N.B. - posting in the new forum requires a fresh registration in the new forum (sorry - member data can't be ported).
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Tweaking TitleBackgroundColor for productivity (Read 3590 times)
russ lipton

Tweaking TitleBackgroundColor for productivity
Sep 28th, 2011, 11:47am

... filed under "why didn't I think of this before" ...

Was looking idly at a document and thought, "gee, it would be nice to set the TitleBackgroundColor attribute of my template notes to a different color than other notes". This will make it a tad easier to distinguish between different types of notes when a handful are open at the same time.

I created a prototype; set the TitleBackgroundColor attribute in the prototype; created a stamp to set notes to that prototype; stamped my template notes with the prototype. Done.

(Apologies to both Mark's if this is already documented.)

« Last Edit: Sep 28th, 2011, 11:48am by russ lipton »  
  IP Logged
Mark Anderson
YaBB Administrator

User - not staff!

Southsea, UK
Re: Tweaking TitleBackgroundColor for productivity
Reply #1 - Sep 28th, 2011, 12:09pm

For TB novices, you won't necessarily see Russ' effect unless you've also set the prototype to the non-default setting of showing the note title ($Name) in the text window. To show titles in this way, there are various ways to turning it on:

--
Mark Anderson
TB user and Wiki Gardener
aTbRef v6
(TB consulting - email me)
WWW shoantel   IP Logged
russ lipton

Re: Tweaking TitleBackgroundColor for productivity
Reply #2 - Sep 28th, 2011, 1:55pm

Reminder: for this specific use case, the note should be set as a template as well as a prototype, so that notes created with the prototype will be templates.

Alternatively, create one or more prototypes with varying attribute properties for display and apply them to spoecific notes as desired when the new note is created (e.g., select one of the prototypes at note creation).

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print