Welcome, Guest. Please Login
Tinderbox
  News:
IMPORTANT MESSAGE! This forum has now been replaced by a new forum at http://forum.eastgate.com and no further posting or member registration is allowed. The forum is still accessible via read-only access for reference purposes. If you wish to discuss content here, please use the new forum. N.B. - posting in the new forum requires a fresh registration in the new forum (sorry - member data can't be ported).
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Using Tinderbox for a Day Book (Read 6955 times)
Steve Zeoli

Using Tinderbox for a Day Book
Nov 28th, 2011, 10:17am

I've posted an article on my blog about how I use Tinderbox for a Day Book. There will be nothing in this for veteran Tinderboxers, but novices and those looking to see how they might use Tinderbox may find it of use. Here's the link:

http://welcometosherwood.wordpress.com/2011/11/26/tinderbox-chronicles-part-6/

All suggestions for improvement to either the article or my Day Book application are welcome.

Steve Z.

IP Logged
J Fallows

Re: Using Tinderbox for a Day Book
Reply #1 - Dec 3rd, 2011, 10:24am

Thanks for this item; although I have used TB for a while I did find it very useful. Especially giving me a nudge of doing table-summaries, which I hadn't actually applied before.

When I get similarly as ambitious as you, I may post compare-and-contrast screen shots of the latest TB and the new incarnation of the Windows-only "idea manager" Zoot.   Zoot still has some display and manipulation conveniences I don't know how to match in TB.

IP Logged
Steve Zeoli

Re: Using Tinderbox for a Day Book
Reply #2 - Dec 3rd, 2011, 1:46pm

James,

I'd look forward to seeing your comparison if you do it. I continue to find Zoot remarkably useful on my office PC. As you hinted at, I suspect some of what Zoot can do CAN be replicated in Tinderbox, but it would take some work to get there.

Glad my post was of some use.

Steve

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print