Welcome, Guest. Please Login
Tinderbox
  News:
IMPORTANT MESSAGE! This forum has now been replaced by a new forum at http://forum.eastgate.com and no further posting or member registration is allowed. The forum is still accessible via read-only access for reference purposes. If you wish to discuss content here, please use the new forum. N.B. - posting in the new forum requires a fresh registration in the new forum (sorry - member data can't be ported).
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Ecco Plus-like UI (Read 23713 times)
Mark Anderson
YaBB Administrator

User - not staff!

Southsea, UK
Ecco Plus-like UI
Jan 24th, 2012, 9:33am

Edited:
This post by user DrStein was copied from this original post by the forum admin, to start this thread

Although Tinderbox and Zoot offer helpful views of attributes and values, for my purposes, Ecco Pro provides the most useful capabilty for analyzing case material, looking for common denominators and themes.  An example of an Ecco Pro outline, with four attribute columns, is shown below.

Creating and using the "Notepad" view tabs, yields views of each attitubute column.  Note that each attribute value is calibrated with its item in the outline, and the parent(s) of each item are shown for reference.  See below.

I realize that Tinderbox may not be able to replicate this at the moment, but I would value the future prospect of this capability.

« Last Edit: Jan 24th, 2012, 9:34am by Mark Anderson »  

--
Mark Anderson
TB user and Wiki Gardener
aTbRef v6
(TB consulting - email me)
WWW shoantel   IP Logged
Mark Anderson
YaBB Administrator

User - not staff!

Southsea, UK
Re: Ecco Plus-like UI
Reply #1 - Jan 24th, 2012, 9:41am

FWIW, This is as close as I can approximate in v5.10.0:

Get the source TBX file.

I've no position here, the above is merely to help others assess/discuss the suggestion form a TB frame of reference.

« Last Edit: Jan 24th, 2012, 9:43am by Mark Anderson »  

--
Mark Anderson
aTbRef v6
WWW shoantel   IP Logged
Henry Stein

Reply #2 - Jan 25th, 2012, 1:57pm

Your wonderfully explicit examples and source file illustration have helped me get closer to what I need.  The key was entering only the attribute name in the query (omitting any "contains" string).  I now can generate an outline list of all values within an attribute.   Am I correct in assuming that it is not yet possible to automatically convert that list of attribute values into new notes?  (Or is there a workaround?)  Thank you for your patience and assistance.

WWW   IP Logged
Mark Anderson
YaBB Administrator

User - not staff!

Southsea, UK
Reply #3 - Jan 25th, 2012, 2:17pm

Glad that helped. Using just $AttributeName as a query is the simplest way of saying show me every note with a value (i.e. not empty/zero) for attribute 'AttributeName'.

Tinderbox can't product a new note via action code. It can only be done manually, via some drag/drop import methods, or via Explode. However, if you make the $Text of a note or agent be a list of $AttributeName's values with one value per line, you can then manually explode the $Text and you'll get a series of notes each being named for one of the list's values. Don't overlook the important fact that the process is manual; action code can't do this. If you explode the source text and the $Text list is updated it doesn't update the old set of notes. However, in a scenario where lists aren't changing significantly - e.g. towards the end of an analytical process, it might help with creating note based on list values.

« Last Edit: Jan 25th, 2012, 2:19pm by Mark Anderson »  

--
Mark Anderson
aTbRef v6
WWW shoantel   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print