Welcome, Guest. Please Login
Tinderbox
  News:
IMPORTANT MESSAGE! This forum has now been replaced by a new forum at http://forum.eastgate.com and no further posting or member registration is allowed. The forum is still accessible via read-only access for reference purposes. If you wish to discuss content here, please use the new forum. N.B. - posting in the new forum requires a fresh registration in the new forum (sorry - member data can't be ported).
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Story Plotter v1.0 (Read 6183 times)
Gernot

Basel, Switzerland
Story Plotter v1.0
Jan 28th, 2012, 2:41pm

Hello,

I would like to contribute a small tool I use to warm-up before I start writing.

Story plotter generates a simple and basic story line which you can use to write any kind of stories (long, short, drama .. whatever). As I am using the plotter in german I have just pre-filled the sections with a few entries. To get more topics, secrets, self-images .. for your own stories a good place to stop by is PostSecret.com.

Download Version 1.0: http://textnotes.wordpress.com/2012/01/28/story-plotter/

Look forward to your feedback.
Gernot

IP Logged
Paul Walters

Re: Story Plotter v1.0
Reply #1 - Jan 28th, 2012, 6:35pm

Very clever!  And very useful   Thank you for sharing your creation.

IP Logged
Christian Tagsold

Reply #2 - Jan 29th, 2012, 6:34am

Nicely done! Also wirklich!! Kannst Du auch die deutsche Version für unsereins hochladen?  Smiley

IP Logged
Mark Anderson
YaBB Administrator

User - not staff!

Southsea, UK
Reply #3 - Jan 29th, 2012, 6:42am

Neat ideas here. I've some some possible additions to p.ThemenContainer prototype. Though not necessary to the overall purpose, the changes just aid visualising the source data.

So, in 'p.ThemenContainer', set:

$ShowTitle -> true        (show the title in the note)
  $TextSidebar -> false   (hide the sidebar)
  $RuleDisabled -> true    (don't execute the $Rule code in this note)
  $Rule code:   $Text = collect(children,$Name).format("\n")

The rule above runs, except in the prototype note, and sets the container's $Text to a 1-item-per-line list of the containers child note's names.

This means you can, if helpful to your work style, open any of the containers' text windows so you can see their contents without expanding the whole outline. The containers don't use their $Text for anything else so I see no downside to the above.

--
Mark Anderson
TB user and Wiki Gardener
aTbRef v6
(TB consulting - email me)
WWW shoantel   IP Logged
Gernot

Basel, Switzerland
Reply #4 - Jan 29th, 2012, 7:57am

@Mark, thanks for your feedback. New Version 1.01 is available on the website. The  $Rule code is really useful.

@Christian, deutsche Version stelle ich gerne zur Verfügung, der einzige Unterschied ist aber lediglich die Inhalte in den Containern (deutsche Titel,  Geheimnisse usw) und das ich in der deutschen Version noch die Titel der Container teilweise in deutsch habe. Melde mich sobald die Version online ist.    

Rgds, Gernot

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print