Welcome, Guest. Please Login
Tinderbox
  News:
IMPORTANT MESSAGE! This forum has now been replaced by a new forum at http://forum.eastgate.com and no further posting or member registration is allowed. The forum is still accessible via read-only access for reference purposes. If you wish to discuss content here, please use the new forum. N.B. - posting in the new forum requires a fresh registration in the new forum (sorry - member data can't be ported).
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Link Texture (Read 4796 times)
John OConnor

Link Texture
Feb 07th, 2012, 1:46pm

I understand that links are not objects and cannot have attributes. Links are properties of notes.

Are there any workarounds to change the texture of a link?

A link that is a series of dots between two notes.
A Link that is a series of dashes between two notes
A link between two notes that is very thick.

Apart from putting a label on a link is there a way to visually display the relative strength of a link between two notes.

IP Logged
Mark Anderson
YaBB Administrator

User - not staff!

Southsea, UK
Re: Link Texture
Reply #1 - Feb 7th, 2012, 1:56pm

FWIW, Link visual properties can (as at v5.10.1) be set differently down to link type level - i.e. all links of a given link type have the same link colour, line weight, line style, label or shown/hidden state.

However, whilst you can't customise further within discrete link type, you can add your own new link types - as many as you require**. User-added link types are stored per document and can not be copied from doc to doc (in the way attributes can be).

** Like most things I'm sure that's not infinite but should cover most users needs to 'more' link types.

--
Mark Anderson
TB user and Wiki Gardener
aTbRef v6
(TB consulting - email me)
WWW shoantel   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print