Welcome, Guest. Please Login
Tinderbox
  News:
IMPORTANT MESSAGE! This forum has now been replaced by a new forum at http://forum.eastgate.com and no further posting or member registration is allowed. The forum is still accessible via read-only access for reference purposes. If you wish to discuss content here, please use the new forum. N.B. - posting in the new forum requires a fresh registration in the new forum (sorry - member data can't be ported).
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
aTbRef  v5.10.2 uploaded (Read 5787 times)
Mark Anderson
YaBB Administrator

User - not staff!

Southsea, UK
aTbRef  v5.10.2 uploaded
Mar 16th, 2012, 2:40pm

More changes than you might think for a minor release. As usual, any errors/omissions to me. Note the new Snow Leopard or later OS requirement.

« Last Edit: Mar 16th, 2012, 7:31pm by Mark Anderson »  

--
Mark Anderson
TB user and Wiki Gardener
aTbRef v6
(TB consulting - email me)
WWW shoantel   IP Logged
Rich Shields

California
Re: aTbRef  v5.10.2 uploaded
Reply #1 - Mar 16th, 2012, 7:13pm

Just out of curiosity. Is there any reason that the Stamp menu is no longer available except by keyboard in the latest upgrade? I was still there in 5.10.1.

WWW   IP Logged
Mark Anderson
YaBB Administrator

User - not staff!

Southsea, UK
Reply #2 - Mar 16th, 2012, 7:38pm

I see no 'Stamp' menu. The 'Stamps' menu** is still there but only when a major view has focus. TB actually has 3 different top level menus:
However, a change in v5.10.2 is that a Stamp can no longer be used inline in action code simply by Stamp name. I assume that in the recent under-the-hood overhaul of action code the old method proved difficult to support (vs. likely upside). Anyhow, for comment on the internals of the app you'd be better mailing Eastgate direct as we users can see that deeply into the app.

** I'm not being pedantic, as elsewhere the app has different 'Color' and 'Colors' sub-menus!

--
Mark Anderson
TB user and Wiki Gardener
aTbRef v6
(TB consulting - email me)
WWW shoantel   IP Logged
Mark Bernstein
YaBB Administrator

designer of
Tinderbox

Eastgate Systems, Inc.
Reply #3 - Mar 16th, 2012, 11:29pm

The Stamps menu is unchanged from previous releases.

WWW   IP Logged
Rich Shields

California
Reply #4 - Mar 17th, 2012, 2:24am

Thanks. Interesting that I had opened and used TB three times since upgrading and each time the Stamp menu did not appear. Tonight just before heading to bed, I tried and, lo and behold, it now appears in the menu. Whatever happened seemed to right itself. Which I am glad to see. Smiley

WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print