Welcome, Guest. Please Login
Tinderbox
  News:
IMPORTANT MESSAGE! This forum has now been replaced by a new forum at http://forum.eastgate.com and no further posting or member registration is allowed. The forum is still accessible via read-only access for reference purposes. If you wish to discuss content here, please use the new forum. N.B. - posting in the new forum requires a fresh registration in the new forum (sorry - member data can't be ported).
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Quicklook (Read 7253 times)
twoisland

Quicklook
Mar 30th, 2012, 6:01pm

Can the mac be made to recognize Tinderbox files in quicklook mode? It seems like I recall doing something long ago that made this happen, but hasn't worked for me for a long time.

IP Logged
Mark Bernstein
YaBB Administrator

designer of
Tinderbox

Eastgate Systems, Inc.
Re: Quicklook
Reply #1 - Mar 31st, 2012, 12:12am

well, you can see the XML easily in quick look, but that's not really a great bonus.  What would we show in QuickLook ideally?  A map view? An outline?  The text of the first note?

WWW   IP Logged
twoisland

Reply #2 - Mar 31st, 2012, 2:45am

I figured that was the problem. I'd imagine the state the file was left in, so if it was last viewed as outline, then the outline, etc. The reason this is useful is as a memory aid when looking at an abundance of files in the finder. Also Quick look is used in creative ways to view files, such as on the iPad via apps such as Remote Viewer.

IP Logged
John Johnson

Atlanta
Reply #3 - Jul 10th, 2016, 12:50pm

Any progress on this?
Some sort of preview would be nice in DEVONthink (which uses quicklook), rather than a wall of XML goop.

Thanks,
John

IP Logged
Mark Bernstein
YaBB Administrator

designer of
Tinderbox

Eastgate Systems, Inc.
Reply #4 - Jul 11th, 2016, 6:47am

It's fairly costly to support, I'm sorry to say.  We'll take another look.

WWW   IP Logged
John Johnson

Atlanta
Reply #5 - Jul 13th, 2016, 8:13pm

Thanks!

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print