Welcome, Guest. Please Login
Tinderbox
  News:
IMPORTANT MESSAGE! This forum has now been replaced by a new forum at http://forum.eastgate.com and no further posting or member registration is allowed. The forum is still accessible via read-only access for reference purposes. If you wish to discuss content here, please use the new forum. N.B. - posting in the new forum requires a fresh registration in the new forum (sorry - member data can't be ported).
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Journalist newbie question (Read 33821 times)
Matt Cawood

New England, Australia
Re: Journalist newbie question
Reply #15 - Jul 08th, 2012, 6:50am

Mark - Simplenote loses hierarchy, and hierarchy is much of the point of assembling notes in Tinderbox.

However, I've discovered to my delight the built-in OPML export templates in 5.11. That changes everything! I can quickly export an OPML file, email it to myself, and pick it up on the iPad on OmniOutliner iOS. That's enough, for now. When Omni Group provides desktop-iOS syncing, it should be even more straightforward.

For notes *into* Tinderbox - steam power. I use a pocket notebook and pencil on the road, and I'll update Tinderbox with those notes when I'm back in front of my computer.

It ain't perfect, but it will suffice until Tinderbox has its own mobile solution.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print