Welcome, Guest. Please Login
Tinderbox
  News:
IMPORTANT MESSAGE! This forum has now been replaced by a new forum at http://forum.eastgate.com and no further posting or member registration is allowed. The forum is still accessible via read-only access for reference purposes. If you wish to discuss content here, please use the new forum. N.B. - posting in the new forum requires a fresh registration in the new forum (sorry - member data can't be ported).
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Time Line Image (Read 4298 times)
Art Russell

Jacksonville, FL
Time Line Image
Aug 26th, 2012, 6:51pm

I'm building a series of detailed Time Lines to illustrate product delivery and want to incorporate them in a MS-Word document.

Other than a Screen Print, is there any other way to get the image out of Tinderbox?

Thanks!

IP Logged
Mark Bernstein
YaBB Administrator

designer of
Tinderbox

Eastgate Systems, Inc.
Re: Time Line Image
Reply #1 - Aug 26th, 2012, 9:48pm

That -- or something like Skitch -- is probably the best way right now, since Copy As Picture... is on vacation until Tinderbox 6.  You can also print to pdf, and use the pdf.

And the Web export can also be used to embed the timeline in apps that understand HTML5/Javascript

« Last Edit: Aug 26th, 2012, 9:49pm by Mark Bernstein »  
WWW   IP Logged
Mark Anderson
YaBB Administrator

User - not staff!

Southsea, UK
Reply #2 - Aug 27th, 2012, 5:58am

Should you wish to annotate the grabs en route to Word, I've found Clarify very useful for making & making up images.

--
Mark Anderson
TB user and Wiki Gardener
aTbRef v6
(TB consulting - email me)
WWW shoantel   IP Logged
Apb123

Reply #3 - Aug 27th, 2012, 7:01am

If you don't want to use any other third party apps.

Simply press shift-cmd 4 and the cursor will turn into a little cross hair. Simply drag where you want the screen shot to go whilst left clicking and when you let go of the mouse click a png file of your timeline will appear on the desktop.

You can drag this easily into word

IP Logged
Art Russell

Jacksonville, FL
Reply #4 - Aug 27th, 2012, 9:06pm

Thanks to all that responded.  In reviewing the data set and using Tinderbox it became apparent I was trying to represent too much information (and of course played into what is to me Tinderbox's strength: Emergent Organization).

I've subsequently collapsed the data and have been successful in using screen-capture to get the data into my document.

Again, my thanks

IP Logged
Paul Walters

Reply #5 - Aug 28th, 2012, 7:39am

Printing to PDF: if you have a map that doesn't fit on standard paper (A4 or 8.5x11), OS X's print panel is very flexible in setting custom paper sizes.   My map printing method is to Print > Open PDF in Preview using standard paper sizes, then gauge if a custom size would do a better job, adjust, and reprint to PDF.  It's easy then to crop the result in preview.  Tweaking this, I get 99% of the benefit of the old Copy as Picture feature and actually don't miss it at all any more.  Smiley

IP Logged
Mark Anderson
YaBB Administrator

User - not staff!

Southsea, UK
Reply #6 - Aug 28th, 2012, 10:47am

The technique Paul describes is expanded on in this demo I just wrote.

--
Mark Anderson
TB user and Wiki Gardener
aTbRef v6
(TB consulting - email me)
WWW shoantel   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print