Welcome, Guest. Please Login
Tinderbox
  News:
IMPORTANT MESSAGE! This forum has now been replaced by a new forum at http://forum.eastgate.com and no further posting or member registration is allowed. The forum is still accessible via read-only access for reference purposes. If you wish to discuss content here, please use the new forum. N.B. - posting in the new forum requires a fresh registration in the new forum (sorry - member data can't be ported).
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Create a new note from selected text (Read 4061 times)
Paul Walters

Create a new note from selected text
Sep 13th, 2012, 6:45pm

When note taking in meetings with Tinderbox I find I want to make a side note related to the one I'm working on, but I don't want to change focus to the side note.   What I'd like to do is select some text in the note I'm working on and "Create note from selected text".  This would make a new note whose $Text is what I selected in the original note -- in the container where I'm working at the moment.  This is sort of like a footnote or endnote, but it's really just a peer note.

Apologies if this has been requested before ... or if I'm missing an existing feature like this

IP Logged
AsafKeller

Re: Create a new note from selected text
Reply #1 - Sep 14th, 2012, 8:23am

An interim solution could be to select the text in the parent note, and either drag it into the container or copy and paste it there. A new note will be created with the $Text you selected.

IP Logged
Paul Walters

Reply #2 - Sep 14th, 2012, 8:43am

Quote:
An interim solution could be to select the text in the parent note, and either drag it into the container or copy and paste it there. A new note will be created with the $Text you selected.

Oh, snap. That does it!  No need for an enhancement.  Thanks!

IP Logged
Mark Bernstein
YaBB Administrator

designer of
Tinderbox

Eastgate Systems, Inc.
Reply #3 - Sep 14th, 2012, 8:57am

Don't forget the Footnote command!

WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print