Welcome, Guest. Please Login
Tinderbox
  News:
IMPORTANT MESSAGE! This forum has now been replaced by a new forum at http://forum.eastgate.com and no further posting or member registration is allowed. The forum is still accessible via read-only access for reference purposes. If you wish to discuss content here, please use the new forum. N.B. - posting in the new forum requires a fresh registration in the new forum (sorry - member data can't be ported).
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Show Children of Original Note with Agent Alias? (Read 2817 times)
Josh Fishburn

Show Children of Original Note with Agent Alias?
Dec 15th, 2012, 10:53pm

I'm using Tinderbox to track student advising by creating a note for each student. For each student note, I create a child note for each advising meeting that we've had, using the meeting date as the note title. The point is that every student note has one or more children. I have an agent that collects current advisees (students who have not yet graduated, transferred or switched majors).

The behavior that I want is for the aliases to appear in the agent, using the Explorer view, just like the original notes do - with their disclosure triangles allowing me to view and edit the children of the note. My agent collects the right notes, but all I see is the note name (student name) in italics. Is there a way to include the children in the agent query somehow?

IP Logged
Mark Anderson
YaBB Administrator

User - not staff!

Southsea, UK
Re: Show Children of Original Note with Agent Alias?
Reply #1 - Dec 16th, 2012, 4:59am

Aliases can not have children, so No. If you open the aliases original this inconveniently shifts the entire focus of the main view - something I find I rarely want and not of use in your scenario. The best suggestions is to open a new view and then use Show Original. In shortcut terms thats [Cmd]+[Opt]+O then [Cmd]+[R]. If you want the new view to be a map use 'M' instead of 'O' for the first part.

You can't automate the latter within TB but you could use something like KeyboardMaestro to save the above as one command.

--
Mark Anderson
TB user and Wiki Gardener
aTbRef v6
(TB consulting - email me)
WWW shoantel   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print