Welcome, Guest. Please Login
Tinderbox
  News:
IMPORTANT MESSAGE! This forum has now been replaced by a new forum at http://forum.eastgate.com and no further posting or member registration is allowed. The forum is still accessible via read-only access for reference purposes. If you wish to discuss content here, please use the new forum. N.B. - posting in the new forum requires a fresh registration in the new forum (sorry - member data can't be ported).
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Air Display to mirror Mac to iPac (Read 1994 times)
russ lipton

Air Display to mirror Mac to iPac
Jan 02nd, 2013, 2:00pm

For those interested, I am posting this from my iPad, using my Mac keyboard AND mouse as it mirrors my Mac. The cursor on the iPad remains touch-selectable, More precisely, Air Display creates an additional virtual space to the 'right' of the currently selected Mac desktop space. You access the iPad space by mousing on the Mac to the right, beyond the current space.

Though I am still experimenting, Tinderbox seems to work fine. I have been able to create, edit and save notes on my iPad.

At the moment, I am working wireless but a few feet from my iMac. I would imagine I could do this from anywhere in my house. Kind of cool and I will find it useful. Not noticing much latency yet

The company (Avatron) says they are poised to launch an Air Login app which will enable remote control of a Mac FROM another device (iPad/iPhone ...). That I will very much like.

Reviews of this are all over the map, reflecting, I'm sure, the insanity of all the possible connection/disconnection minutiae. YMMV, obviously.

Check out Air Display from Avatron for more info plus the App Store. I'm interested to know if others have taken this for a spin.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print