Welcome, Guest. Please Login
Tinderbox
  News:
IMPORTANT MESSAGE! This forum has now been replaced by a new forum at http://forum.eastgate.com and no further posting or member registration is allowed. The forum is still accessible via read-only access for reference purposes. If you wish to discuss content here, please use the new forum. N.B. - posting in the new forum requires a fresh registration in the new forum (sorry - member data can't be ported).
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Easily Toggle DisplayExpression On or Off (Read 2425 times)
AGHorne

Easily Toggle DisplayExpression On or Off
Jan 18th, 2013, 3:47pm

Although, I don't find it hard to put $DisplayExpressionDisabled=true/false; there are times I like to see them and times I like to see the original name.

Very similar to the "Function as:" layout with its checkboxes; I was thinking today how handy it would be to have a check box for Disabled next to or slightly away from "Display Expression"

Like I said, it's not a big deal and in the mean time I'm using a stamp...

« Last Edit: Jan 18th, 2013, 3:48pm by AGHorne »  
  IP Logged
Mark Anderson
YaBB Administrator

User - not staff!

Southsea, UK
Re: Easily Toggle DisplayExpression On or Off
Reply #1 - Jan 18th, 2013, 4:26pm

In the meantime add this stamp:

Name: DisplayExpression disabled
Code: if($DisplayExpressionDisabled){$DisplayExpressionDisabled=;}else{$DisplayExpress
ionDisabled=true;};

To toggle the existing $DisplayExpressionDisabled state simply use the stamp.

If you're a keyboard-only type and use a utility like KeyboardMaestro you can give the stamp an shortcut making it quicker to apply than opening Rename and clicking a tick-box then clicking OK.

« Last Edit: Jan 18th, 2013, 4:28pm by Mark Anderson »  

--
Mark Anderson
TB user and Wiki Gardener
aTbRef v6
(TB consulting - email me)
WWW shoantel   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print