Welcome, Guest. Please Login
Tinderbox
  News:
IMPORTANT MESSAGE! This forum has now been replaced by a new forum at http://forum.eastgate.com and no further posting or member registration is allowed. The forum is still accessible via read-only access for reference purposes. If you wish to discuss content here, please use the new forum. N.B. - posting in the new forum requires a fresh registration in the new forum (sorry - member data can't be ported).
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Concerning alignment in Map View (Read 3730 times)
Marcelo Mirage

Brazil
Concerning alignment in Map View
Feb 06th, 2013, 4:37am

I've sent Mark B. an email about this issue, I thought I could share it with you:

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B_lao0UwomH4VlI2ODZSdldNbGs/edit?usp=sharing

@Mark A: Is that any way related to your comment in the previous post?

Marcelo Mirage Marcelo Mirage MMUmeda misantropov@yahoo.com   IP Logged
Mark Anderson
YaBB Administrator

User - not staff!

Southsea, UK
Re: Concerning alignment in Map View
Reply #1 - Feb 6th, 2013, 11:02am

Err, what comment?  I answer a fair few questions here.  Wink

Actually, the points raised are probably moot for v5, and you've already done the correct thing by passing on your UI issues direct to Eastgate. Change if any will be in v6, and Eastgate welcome considered input. Not everything is easy (or even possible) but a clear understanding of why changes might be needed does, I'm sure, help with deciding out of possible options for change. Note: I write as a user, I don't work for Easgate nor have a special input in v6; I just happen to be the moderator here.

--
Mark Anderson
TB user and Wiki Gardener
aTbRef v6
(TB consulting - email me)
WWW shoantel   IP Logged
Marcelo Mirage

Brazil
Reply #2 - Feb 6th, 2013, 1:01pm

@Mark:   I know you're not Eastgate's staff, I think you make this very explicit. lol

I just thought about sharing this to maybe get a few opinions from experienced users, such as yourself. After all, what is a topic called 'Off the Wall: Feature Ideas' for? Wink

Concerning your post, I was referring to the reply about full arrow key navigation in Map View.

Marcelo Mirage Marcelo Mirage MMUmeda misantropov@yahoo.com   IP Logged
Mark Anderson
YaBB Administrator

User - not staff!

Southsea, UK
Reply #3 - Feb 6th, 2013, 4:04pm

OK, I was just avoiding trying to give the impression I have a strong feeling on this. I don't, though just for the very simple reason I use Map view far less than Outline view.

As regards the PDF, the points you raise are correct in their description and are inelegancies that are by-product of ongoing improvements over the life of v5. As v5 is feature complete (i.e. likely no new features), any changes will take place in v6, whose UI is being updated in ways I don't yet know.

My thoughts on select on map drill-down are here.

As regards Map Icons, I think it looks better/more consistent if all label content ($Name/$Subtitle/$Text/$TableExpression) were drawn in from the top of the icon and not middle-aligned vertically.

As regards the titlebar overlapping the map, I suspect the current behaviour it a legacy of old design for - as you've pointed out - it doesn't make sense if re-setting title height doesn't 'scroll' the viewport map. BUT, 'just' scrolling the map may - and probably - does (in v5) involve more under-the-hood computing than we might imagine. There's no point in discussing v5 that won't change. Meanwhile, perhaps v6 design may allow for this, but as said already, how can I comment on a design I've not seen?

Bottom line, I don't have anything pertinent to contribute at this time, other than suggest those who desire improvements send their ideas to Eastgate to help inform the v6 design process.

--
Mark Anderson
TB user and Wiki Gardener
aTbRef v6
(TB consulting - email me)
WWW shoantel   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print