Welcome, Guest. Please Login
Tinderbox
  News:
IMPORTANT MESSAGE! This forum has now been replaced by a new forum at http://forum.eastgate.com and no further posting or member registration is allowed. The forum is still accessible via read-only access for reference purposes. If you wish to discuss content here, please use the new forum. N.B. - posting in the new forum requires a fresh registration in the new forum (sorry - member data can't be ported).
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Collection of notes based on "file link (Read 2017 times)
Peter Bienert

Collection of notes based on "file link
Mar 1st, 2013, 1:10pm

To bring some structure into large data sets, I "outsource" parts of my TBX file to subfiles if things get too slow and large.

I also use documents in the file system, which a number of notes might point to, because they are linked one way or the other.

As I cannot directly link to a note inside the TBX file from outside, I would want to have an agent within the file collect a sorted / grouped list of notes which point to files, sorted / grouped based on the filename / link target.

From outside - I could then follow the link to the TBX file, open it and have the agent list all Notes linking to the file i am jumping in from....

any ideas ?

tnx very much

« Last Edit: Mar 01st, 2013, 1:11pm by Peter Bienert »  
  IP Logged
Mark Anderson
YaBB Administrator

User - not staff!

Southsea, UK
Re: Collection of notes based on "file link
Reply #1 - Mar 1st, 2013, 1:30pm

$File - and File-type user attributes - store a POSIX path to the file or folder. The full path is used, so don't do a match on paths starting with "~/" shortcut.

If somedoc.tbx is stored at /Users/mwra/Desktop/somedoc.tbx your agent could search for:

$File == "/Users/mwra/Desktop/somedoc.tbx"

or

$File.contains("Desktop")

If the agent stores /Users/mwra/Desktop/somedoc.tbx in its $File, or in a string attribute $MyString, then also:

$File == $File(agent)
$File == $MyString(agent)
$File.contains($File(agent))
$File.contains($MyString(agent))

Does this help?

--
Mark Anderson
TB user and Wiki Gardener
aTbRef v6
(TB consulting - email me)
WWW shoantel   IP Logged
Pages: 1