Welcome, Guest. Please Login
Tinderbox
  News:
IMPORTANT MESSAGE! This forum has now been replaced by a new forum at http://forum.eastgate.com and no further posting or member registration is allowed. The forum is still accessible via read-only access for reference purposes. If you wish to discuss content here, please use the new forum. N.B. - posting in the new forum requires a fresh registration in the new forum (sorry - member data can't be ported).
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Scriver Export takes only container (Read 3093 times)
MichaelB

Scriver Export takes only container
Mar 14th, 2013, 1:14am

I followed Mark's tutorial for exporting notes to Scrivener.  I selected a container, with about 5o descendent notes, and exported (after having installed appropriate templates, etc.) but all that is exported is file named the container with nothing in it.

???
Thanks
Michael

IP Logged
Mark Anderson
YaBB Administrator

User - not staff!

Southsea, UK
Re: Scriver Export takes only container
Reply #1 - Mar 14th, 2013, 5:18am

OPML export only generates a single file, which contains the OPML data for all the exported note(s).

An omission in the 'built-in' OPML templates is they don't automatically set the correct file extension in $HTMLExportExtension so a '.html' file is exported. This is easily fixed. Add the built-in OPML templates to your TBX. Go to the Templates container and open the 'OPML' template. Change the first list from this:

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> 

to

Code:
^action($HTMLExportExtension=".opml")^<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> 

If the one file that currently exports from your document has a /html' extension, in Finder edit the latter to be '.opml' and the data should export.

Also, bear in mind that the cascading include used to collect the OPML data pay attention to $HTMLDontExport and $HTMLExportChildren. The latter two attribute correspond the to two top-left tick-boxes on HTML view.

Otherwise, can you give a bit more detail as to the problem encountered? (…as it's not clear from the comments thus far.)

--
Mark Anderson
TB user and Wiki Gardener
aTbRef v6
(TB consulting - email me)
WWW shoantel   IP Logged
MichaelB

Re: Scriver Export takes only container
Reply #2 - Mar 14th, 2013, 2:14pm

Thanks Mark. I'm all set now.

IP Logged
Pages: 1