Welcome, Guest. Please Login
Tinderbox
  News:
IMPORTANT MESSAGE! This forum has now been replaced by a new forum at http://forum.eastgate.com and no further posting or member registration is allowed. The forum is still accessible via read-only access for reference purposes. If you wish to discuss content here, please use the new forum. N.B. - posting in the new forum requires a fresh registration in the new forum (sorry - member data can't be ported).
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
How To Plan A Conference With Tinderbox (Read 3506 times)
Mark Bernstein
YaBB Administrator

designer of
Tinderbox

Eastgate Systems, Inc.
How To Plan A Conference With Tinderbox
May 14th, 2013, 10:40am

Notes toward a case study, from Web Science 13.

WWW   IP Logged
J Fallows

Re: How To Plan A Conference With Tinderbox
Reply #1 - May 18th, 2013, 11:18am

Mark B, these are very useful how-to posts; thanks for sharing them.

Here is an(other) embarrassingly basic question. The adornments you use to do the program-planning are impressively regular and arrayed in an orderly pattern. As a quick reference from one of your posts:

I am still at the stage where I have to hand-draw and hand-align adornments. I am confident that you are miles beyond the need to hand-draw the equally sized and evenly spaced adornments above. How does one do this?

IP Logged
Mark Bernstein
YaBB Administrator

designer of
Tinderbox

Eastgate Systems, Inc.
Reply #2 - May 18th, 2013, 2:32pm

In Tinderbox 5, you can duplicate the adornments to get the size exact.  And you can use QuickStamp to select a bunch of adornments and set their $Width and $Height.  And the granularity of the Tinderbox grid is coarse enough to make it fairly easy to get things right.

Tinderbox Six is experimenting with some new ideas for getting things to have the same size and to align neatly.  Coming soon.

WWW   IP Logged
J Fallows

Reply #3 - May 18th, 2013, 2:49pm

Thank you, will put this to use.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print