Welcome, Guest. Please Login
Tinderbox
  News:
IMPORTANT MESSAGE! This forum has now been replaced by a new forum at http://forum.eastgate.com and no further posting or member registration is allowed. The forum is still accessible via read-only access for reference purposes. If you wish to discuss content here, please use the new forum. N.B. - posting in the new forum requires a fresh registration in the new forum (sorry - member data can't be ported).
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
In-note anchors (Read 4177 times)
Peter Rich

Provo, Utah
In-note anchors
Jul 15th, 2013, 5:36pm

The ability to link a note to an anchor point in another note would provide wonderful hyperlinking ability to jump back and forth between not just the notes, but rather the specific content of a note.  Mark A. pointed out in a recent forum discussion that the exact position of a Note+ link is actually stored in the XML, but that the new text abilities may have made auto-scrolling within notes not possible.   If in-note anchors are something that could be implemented in the native Cocoa-based version of TB, it would provide for great hypertexting capabilities.

</something witty>
  IP Logged
Peter Rich

Provo, Utah
Re: In-note anchors
Reply #1 - Jan 31st, 2014, 1:10am

is there a way of marking spam?  The reply to this original thread was just spammed.

</something witty>
  IP Logged
Mark Anderson
YaBB Administrator

User - not staff!

Southsea, UK
Reply #2 - Jan 31st, 2014, 2:44am

Spam post here and in other forums, and the spam member account are deleted.

« Last Edit: Jan 31st, 2014, 2:53am by Mark Anderson »  

--
Mark Anderson
TB user and Wiki Gardener
aTbRef v6
(TB consulting - email me)
WWW shoantel   IP Logged
jfontana

Reply #3 - Oct 18th, 2015, 2:34pm

This is an old message but +1 vote for this feature. Navigating through notes would be much simpler with the ability to create anchors in specific parts of a note.

JM

IP Logged
Mark Anderson
YaBB Administrator

User - not staff!

Southsea, UK
Reply #4 - Oct 18th, 2015, 4:04pm

It's worth noting that Tinderbox was - 10+ years back - presuming that notes would be generally small (or so I understand) such that when following a link to a note all text would likely be visible. Thus having a target anchor was less necessary. Indeed, I suspect the later derived from link formalisms of much older hypertext systems.

That said, the possibility of link target anchors - i.e. a text un in the $text of the target note has been raised in other forums, so is known as a suggestion. However, as to possible implementation, I'd not know.

--
Mark Anderson
TB user and Wiki Gardener
aTbRef v6
(TB consulting - email me)
WWW shoantel   IP Logged
jfontana

Reply #5 - Oct 18th, 2015, 5:31pm

Thanks Mark. Good to know it is being considered.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print