Welcome, Guest. Please Login
Tinderbox
  News:
IMPORTANT MESSAGE! This forum has now been replaced by a new forum at http://forum.eastgate.com and no further posting or member registration is allowed. The forum is still accessible via read-only access for reference purposes. If you wish to discuss content here, please use the new forum. N.B. - posting in the new forum requires a fresh registration in the new forum (sorry - member data can't be ported).
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Aliases in Exports (Read 2797 times)
Dave Rogers

Aliases in Exports
Oct 16th, 2013, 3:45pm

From the TBRef: "When using the HTML Export method - whether for HTML or other formats - aliases are exported as separate pages in the appropriate location within the output."

Please forgive my ignorance. I'm trying to reconstruct the format of an old weblog I maintained using Tinderbox. In it, an Agent collected aliases from another note (the Month note). The agent would gather the two or three most recent posts (notes). This agent note would be the Index page of the weblog, with the two or three most recent posts, and nav links to the archives and other pages.

I get the page I want (index.html) with the posts I want. But I also get a folder (Index folder) with the individual posts as separate pages.

Is there any way I can suppress that?

Thanks.

« Last Edit: Oct 16th, 2013, 3:46pm by Dave Rogers »  
  IP Logged
Mark Anderson
YaBB Administrator

User - not staff!

Southsea, UK
Re: Aliases in Exports
Reply #1 - Oct 16th, 2013, 5:55pm

If I'm understanding correctly, open the HTML view for the agent and uncheck Export children. My assumption is the index page (the agent) is using data from the agent's children in the index page so the children themselves (the aliases) don't need outputting.

Do ask again if I've misunderstood. Oh, and before testing the above make sure to delete the exiting index page/folder so you can see what TB exports after making the changes.

« Last Edit: Oct 17th, 2013, 11:06am by Mark Bernstein »  

--
Mark Anderson
TB user and Wiki Gardener
aTbRef v6
(TB consulting - email me)
WWW shoantel   IP Logged
Dave Rogers

Re: Aliases in Exports
Reply #2 - Oct 16th, 2013, 9:23pm

Perfect! Thanks.

IP Logged