Welcome, Guest. Please Login
Tinderbox
  News:
IMPORTANT MESSAGE! This forum has now been replaced by a new forum at http://forum.eastgate.com and no further posting or member registration is allowed. The forum is still accessible via read-only access for reference purposes. If you wish to discuss content here, please use the new forum. N.B. - posting in the new forum requires a fresh registration in the new forum (sorry - member data can't be ported).
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
replacing previous version of tbx with tbx 6 (Read 2248 times)
wvaughan

replacing previous version of tbx with tbx 6
May 29th, 2014, 11:49pm

I have a second basic question about the switch to tbx 6:

when you download the new version, you are instructed to drag tbx 6 into your applications.  I assume that doing this will replace whatever previous version of tbx you have with tbx 6.

Are people doing this?  Or are you, for example, putting tbx 6 in another place (your desktop?) temporarily but also retaining your previous version of tbx in your applications just in case there's something wonky with older files opening up in tbx 6?

(sorry, not a power user here, so these might be dumb questions. I'm just paranoid...)

IP Logged
J Fallows

Re: replacing previous version of tbx with tbx 6
Reply #1 - May 30th, 2014, 12:03am

Never fear; just drag it in. The system recognizes TB5.x as "Tinderbox," and this new one as "TinderboxSix." Different icon too, with a big 6 on it.

And even if they had the same names, the system usually asks you if you want to replace or keep both, with an extra character in the name to indicate there are others. Main point: they have different names, so proceed!

IP Logged
wvaughan

Re: replacing previous version of tbx with tbx 6
Reply #2 - May 30th, 2014, 12:16am

Aha!  Thanks for explaining that.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print