Welcome, Guest. Please Login
Tinderbox
  News:
IMPORTANT MESSAGE! This forum has now been replaced by a new forum at http://forum.eastgate.com and no further posting or member registration is allowed. The forum is still accessible via read-only access for reference purposes. If you wish to discuss content here, please use the new forum. N.B. - posting in the new forum requires a fresh registration in the new forum (sorry - member data can't be ported).
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Tinderbox Preferences (Read 4216 times)
Grant Lotter

Tinderbox Preferences
May 30th, 2014, 5:34am

The only tab in Preferences is `Register'. Is this intentional?

IP Logged
Mark Anderson
YaBB Administrator

User - not staff!

Southsea, UK
Re: Tinderbox Preferences
Reply #1 - May 30th, 2014, 7:54am

Yes. The remainder of the controls have moved to Edit -> Document Settings. At present if app defaults are not to taste, then you will need to set choices in each new file (though most people seem to use just a few files in total). Due to OS X [sic] constraints, the old 'stationery file' method of making 'template' documents has gone, but there has been discussion of having an app 'chooser' starting dialog that would enable choice from existing 'template' documents. That would allow one to configured desired doc settings and re-use them.

If you think something is missing, do please drop an email to Eastgate explaining the problem.

--
Mark Anderson
TB user and Wiki Gardener
aTbRef v6
(TB consulting - email me)
WWW shoantel   IP Logged
Mark Bernstein
YaBB Administrator

designer of
Tinderbox

Eastgate Systems, Inc.
Reply #2 - May 30th, 2014, 9:46am

Many of the things that used to be Preferences  in Tinderbox 5 are now found in EDIT>DOCUMENT SETTINGS.

WWW   IP Logged
Grant Lotter

Reply #3 - May 31st, 2014, 12:30pm

Why not just put global preferences back?

In the absence of template files the removal of global preferences has created a problem that never existed before.

IP Logged
Mark Bernstein
YaBB Administrator

designer of
Tinderbox

Eastgate Systems, Inc.
Reply #4 - May 31st, 2014, 7:46pm

Most of the things that used to be in Preferences are actually not preferences, as the term is now defined.  They're scoped to the current document, and more appropriately calls Document Settings. (Calling them Preferences caused lots of confusion).

Almost everything you used to do with good old ⌘-8 is now in Edit>Document Settings.

WWW   IP Logged
Grant Lotter

Reply #5 - Jun 1st, 2014, 2:52am

I realise I can change preferences per-document. However, I don't have one monolithic tinderbox file, but many. Every time I create a new file I end up having to change the same dozen attributes in Document Settings.

`Tinderbox Preferences (for new documents)' was very useful and the menu title was unambiguous.

Also, could changes made to the toolbar be remembered for new documents? (Including that I want it visible in each new document.)

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print