Welcome, Guest. Please Login
Tinderbox
  News:
IMPORTANT MESSAGE! This forum has now been replaced by a new forum at http://forum.eastgate.com and no further posting or member registration is allowed. The forum is still accessible via read-only access for reference purposes. If you wish to discuss content here, please use the new forum. N.B. - posting in the new forum requires a fresh registration in the new forum (sorry - member data can't be ported).
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Working with Multiple Windows (Read 9223 times)
Penny

Re: Working with Multiple Windows
Reply #15 - Jun 07th, 2014, 2:59pm

Thanks to all for this discussion. I also missed the separate windows, but for a different reason: when I'm taking notes with Tinderbox I usually have Safari or Preview open reading a document, viewing a video, etc. and would use a fairly small Tinderbox window for writing the note. The tabbed view takes up a lot of real estate on a Macbook Air and I was finding it difficult to take notes.

Lots of good ideas about using the Text Window, etc. really helped out. And being able to rulers to create lists, preview HTML exports, insert special characters (helps in writing equations) has made Tinderbox an even more powerful notetaker.

IP Logged
Mark Anderson
YaBB Administrator

User - not staff!

Southsea, UK
Reply #16 - Jun 7th, 2014, 5:56pm

Penny's case sounds like a good season to see if the v5 clip-to-Tinderbox service could be made to work for v6. I should note I've not idea how possible that is but I'll have a tinker.

--
Mark Anderson
TB user and Wiki Gardener
aTbRef v6
(TB consulting - email me)
WWW shoantel   IP Logged
Mark Anderson
YaBB Administrator

User - not staff!

Southsea, UK
Reply #17 - Jun 9th, 2014, 3:17pm

My v5 clipping service for TB has been updated for v6.

« Last Edit: Jun 9th, 2014, 3:17pm by Mark Anderson »  

--
Mark Anderson
aTbRef v6
WWW shoantel   IP Logged
Demogorgon

Reply #18 - Jun 9th, 2014, 5:45pm

Multiple windows, positions preserved, is one of the greatest assets of TB and essential to the Tinderbox Way philosophy that valorizes free-form.  I always have two columns of three outline view windows on the left and right “margins” of my screen. In the center, various text windows. The poetry-inspiring freedom of notes INSIDE a map view certainly has an analog in the freedom of windows on the desktop.

IP Logged
J Fallows

Reply #19 - Jun 10th, 2014, 12:13pm

Quote:
Multiple windows, positions preserved, is one of the greatest assets of TB and essential to the Tinderbox Way philosophy that valorizes free-form.  

Stipulating again that TB6 is full of great new elegant and convenient improvements, I agree that approximating the TB5 function of making it easy to see several windows at the same time, and to preserve that arrangement between sessions, would be a further plus.

IP Logged
Mark Anderson
YaBB Administrator

User - not staff!

Southsea, UK
Reply #20 - Jun 10th, 2014, 12:21pm

I think this is work in progress. To a degree it needs to be iterative and the solution is better for letting people see and make input on the process. For instance whilst it might be nice for window to eventually be able to toggle away one side's pane completely, moving the splitter bar over is good enough and probably less important in the queue than say, preserving multiple window states. The latter is actually more nuanced a task than imagined.

--
Mark Anderson
aTbRef v6
WWW shoantel   IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print