Welcome, Guest. Please Login
Tinderbox
  News:
IMPORTANT MESSAGE! This forum has now been replaced by a new forum at http://forum.eastgate.com and no further posting or member registration is allowed. The forum is still accessible via read-only access for reference purposes. If you wish to discuss content here, please use the new forum. N.B. - posting in the new forum requires a fresh registration in the new forum (sorry - member data can't be ported).
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
This agent has no query... error (Read 4364 times)
Graham Smith

Somerset, UK.
This agent has no query... error
May 31st, 2014, 8:39am

I have added a single query

$Supplier=="Wex";

to an Agent, which seems to work exactly as I think it should, but I have an error being flagged (orange apostrophe)on all notes, not just the agent.

"This agent has no query, or its query can't be understood."

It maybe that I am missing some key element, as after a brief spell with Tinderbox some time ago, I am learning everything all over again.

But does this error point to something obvious I haven't done, as I say, it seems to work OK.

Many thanks,

Graham

IP Logged
Mark Anderson
YaBB Administrator

User - not staff!

Southsea, UK
Re: This agent has no query... error
Reply #1 - May 31st, 2014, 9:31am

The error works document wide but each error (there can be more than one) lists the error and the path to the note/agent with the error. Likely the error you see points to a different agent to the one you think it does.

--
Mark Anderson
TB user and Wiki Gardener
aTbRef v6
(TB consulting - email me)
WWW shoantel   IP Logged
Mark Bernstein
YaBB Administrator

designer of
Tinderbox

Eastgate Systems, Inc.
Reply #2 - May 31st, 2014, 9:37am

In the lower right-hand corner of each error message, Tinderbox shows the path of the note that seems to be the problem.

WWW   IP Logged
Graham Smith

Somerset, UK.
Reply #3 - May 31st, 2014, 12:04pm

Thanks both,

I have deleted the two agents (one at a time to see if the error went away)  with the plan of adding them back one at a time, but even though the agents have gone, the error hasn't.

According to the inspector I now have zero agents, but still the same error appears on all the notes in the file.

However, I have discovered that by double clicking on the error message, it, and the yellow apostrophe go away.

And both agents were working as expected anyway, so it seems its an error in the error message !

Adding the agents back in, still gave me this sticky error message, with the first agent (which I double clicked away), but not with the second.

A little weird.

Thanks for your help.

Cheers,

Graham

IP Logged
Mark Anderson
YaBB Administrator

User - not staff!

Southsea, UK
Reply #4 - May 31st, 2014, 2:18pm

A common error that may be reported is an agent with no query - which is the state for any newly added agent. Add a query and the error will go away.

"but still the same error appears on all the notes in the file". The error (yellow) marker appears in all notes so you know there are errors in the document. The error doesn't necessarily apply to the current note:

Note the arrow. We're in note 'ZZZ2' but the error is for 'agent x' at root level. The box indicates what looks like a glitch in TB. After you fix an error, the path is deleted but not the error message (both should go away). For now you need to close/re0open the document.

--
Mark Anderson
aTbRef v6
WWW shoantel   IP Logged
Graham Smith

Somerset, UK.
Reply #5 - May 31st, 2014, 3:13pm

Thanks 'Mark,

I had kind if worked out that the error message appeared in all the notes, and  it's good to know its a common error and good to know it's easily fixed.

As I said in my last post, double clicking on the error message also makes it go away.

Setting up a new file and replicating the first file, does as you describe,and the error message only  stays until you complete the query.

Cheers,

Graham

IP Logged
Mark Anderson
YaBB Administrator

User - not staff!

Southsea, UK
Reply #6 - May 31st, 2014, 3:45pm

Ah, double-clicking the error. That's an elegance I'd not tried. Interesting aspect of discoverability, but I hesitate to wave my fiery brand over an app where so much well-intentioned thought has gone into it.

--
Mark Anderson
aTbRef v6
WWW shoantel   IP Logged
Graham Smith

Somerset, UK.
Reply #7 - May 31st, 2014, 5:12pm

Not sure about elegance, more a slip of the finger!

Cheers,

Graham

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print