Welcome, Guest. Please Login
Tinderbox
  News:
IMPORTANT MESSAGE! This forum has now been replaced by a new forum at http://forum.eastgate.com and no further posting or member registration is allowed. The forum is still accessible via read-only access for reference purposes. If you wish to discuss content here, please use the new forum. N.B. - posting in the new forum requires a fresh registration in the new forum (sorry - member data can't be ported).
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Can't Open TB 5 file in Demo Version (Read 2403 times)
MichaelB

Can't Open TB 5 file in Demo Version
Jun 01st, 2014, 12:26pm

Hi,

I have a 2.5 MB TB5 file that won't open in TB6  demo version.  I've just bought TB6 and expect I'll get my registration code tomorrow.  I just want to make sure that the inability to open is due to demo restrictions and not to the fact I can't open it at all, since it's my daily day book TB file.

Thanks

IP Logged
J Fallows

Re: Can't Open TB 5 file in Demo Version
Reply #1 - Jun 1st, 2014, 12:39pm

My main working-notes file in TB5 was a little larger than that. I use it now in TB6 with no problems, fwiw.

IP Logged
Mark Anderson
YaBB Administrator

User - not staff!

Southsea, UK
Reply #2 - Jun 1st, 2014, 3:07pm

I't won't be size - I use files larger.  I'll wager it's some XML weirdness - this normally occurs from pasting in rich (styled) content from other apps that send badly encoded data via the clipboard.

I've been using TB6 since the alpha stage and have lost no data. Fear not, However, Eastgate will probably need to take a look at your TBX fie.

--
Mark Anderson
TB user and Wiki Gardener
aTbRef v6
(TB consulting - email me)
WWW shoantel   IP Logged
Mark Bernstein
YaBB Administrator

designer of
Tinderbox

Eastgate Systems, Inc.
Reply #3 - Jun 1st, 2014, 4:00pm

If your Tinderbox files are very old, you might not be using the .tbx file extension.  If not, simply add it in Finder. (When Tinderbox 1 was written, we had no file extensions.)

Do backup your old files -- even more emphatically when, as here, things seem to be complicated.

WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print