Welcome, Guest. Please Login
Tinderbox
  News:
IMPORTANT MESSAGE! This forum has now been replaced by a new forum at http://forum.eastgate.com and no further posting or member registration is allowed. The forum is still accessible via read-only access for reference purposes. If you wish to discuss content here, please use the new forum. N.B. - posting in the new forum requires a fresh registration in the new forum (sorry - member data can't be ported).
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
HTML templates (Read 2858 times)
Graham Smith

Somerset, UK.
HTML templates
Jun 02nd, 2014, 11:15am

In an attempt to get to grip with the html export, I am following the tutorial  here

http://decafbad.com/2010/06/tinderbox-article-tutorial/article.html

But I have come unstuck at pairing a prototype with an HTML template.

The instructions say to go to the View|HTML menu when the prototype is selected. where you can then select the HTML template.

Of course this is not for TB6, and I have gone into the HTML inspector inTB6, hoping to select the template, but this obviously isn't correct as there is no way of selecting the HTML template from here.

Can someone point me in the right direction.

Thanks,

Graham

IP Logged
Mark Anderson
YaBB Administrator

User - not staff!

Southsea, UK
Re: HTML templates
Reply #1 - Jun 2nd, 2014, 11:34am

HTML view has gone; aside, as have external templates - all templates must now be template notes in your TBX. There are two places you can set an HTML Template - with your desired note selected, either:
  • Inspector [Cmd+1] -> HTML Inspector (<> icon in top toolbar) -> Export tab. Pick a pre-existing template from the pop-up list. This part of the Inspector is close to the old HTML view.
  • Select the 'HTML' tab of the text pane, and from the pop-up select an existing HTML template. Note that once set the first time you need to use the HTML Inspector to change to a different template.
Both the above allow you to pick existing templates, so do ensure you've created the template(s) you need before trying to set them.

Here is a grab of the HTNML Inspector, ready to set a template (none is currently selected):

« Last Edit: Jun 2nd, 2014, 11:37am by Mark Anderson »  

--
Mark Anderson
TB user and Wiki Gardener
aTbRef v6
(TB consulting - email me)
WWW shoantel   IP Logged
Mark Anderson
YaBB Administrator

User - not staff!

Southsea, UK
Reply #2 - Jun 2nd, 2014, 11:44am

In terms of mapping to the old v5 HTML view, shown here:

The Export, Paragraph and Style basically map directly to the same tabs in the v6 Inspector. The Net tab is not needed. New v6 tabs are 'List' which allows setting the sternt end tags for ordered and unordered lists and for list items, and the 'Macro' tab which is the Macro function from the v5 Attributes palette 'Macros' tab.

--
Mark Anderson
aTbRef v6
WWW shoantel   IP Logged
Graham Smith

Somerset, UK.
Reply #3 - Jun 2nd, 2014, 11:57am

Thanks both, the mistake I was making was not assigning the note containing the HTML as a template.

I eventually realised that I had seen a "template" option when assigning notes as prototypes.

After I had done that, the templates appeared in the drop down list in the HTML inspector.

Cheers,
Graham

IP Logged
Mark Anderson
YaBB Administrator

User - not staff!

Southsea, UK
Reply #4 - Jun 2nd, 2014, 1:54pm

For anyone working through the same issues:

As indicated above is where, using the UI, you tell TB that a note is to act as an export template.

If you're new to templates, I strongly suggest that before making any templates that you add the built-in HTML Template (File menu ->Built-in Templates -> HTML) as this adds both a specimen template and, equally usefully, a built-in prototype that sets the notes attributes optimally for code, e.g. no automatic smart quotes, etc.

--
Mark Anderson
aTbRef v6
WWW shoantel   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print