Welcome, Guest. Please Login
Tinderbox
  News:
IMPORTANT MESSAGE! This forum has now been replaced by a new forum at http://forum.eastgate.com and no further posting or member registration is allowed. The forum is still accessible via read-only access for reference purposes. If you wish to discuss content here, please use the new forum. N.B. - posting in the new forum requires a fresh registration in the new forum (sorry - member data can't be ported).
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
SimpleNote sync - how to create new notes (Read 6552 times)
Graham Smith

Somerset, UK.
SimpleNote sync - how to create new notes
Jun 07th, 2014, 2:49pm

I have set up the SimpleNote sync, and my existing SimpleNote notes have come into TB inside a container called SimpleNote.

If I edit any of these existing notes, the edits are synched, with SimpleNote on an iPad.

But if I create a "new" note in the SimpleNote container, it isn't synched.

Is there something I need to do beyond creating the note within the Simplenote container to get it to sync.

Thanks,

Graham

IP Logged
Mark Bernstein
YaBB Administrator

designer of
Tinderbox

Eastgate Systems, Inc.
Re: SimpleNote sync - how to create new notes
Reply #1 - Jun 7th, 2014, 5:05pm

I believe in Tinderbox Six the new note should be sync'd on save.

WWW   IP Logged
Graham Smith

Somerset, UK.
Reply #2 - Jun 7th, 2014, 5:16pm

Hello Mark,

Sorry should have said, the instructions that I managed to find said it synched on saving, but I have tried saving as well as shutting the file down and re-opening it, with no success.

Cheers,

Graham

IP Logged
Graham Smith

Somerset, UK.
Reply #3 - Jun 8th, 2014, 12:58pm

Out of interest, has anyone actually managed to get this to work?

I saw in another post (for tB5) where it seems it wasn't synching for them if they added the simplenote attributes prior to syncing.

I have now got a new note with and without the simplenote attributes and still neither are synching. Even though the sync is obviously working as notes created in simplenote are coming into TB6 and any edits made inTB6 to existing simplenotes are synching back to simplenote.

But as regards notes created in TB, I am stuck.

Cheers,

Graham

IP Logged
ksrhee

Reply #4 - Jan 24th, 2015, 11:37pm

I believe this is the current situation with Tinderbox 6.

1.  I can create a note in Simplenote, and it syncs back to Tinderbox
2.  If I modify the same note in Tinderbox, it syncs back to Simplenote
3.  The bidirectional syncs works once the note link is established.

However, it doesn't sync any new note created in Tinderbox into Simplenote.  So, the trick is to create a note in Simplenote and then once it is synced then I can modify them from either direction, and it syncs.

IP Logged
Graham Smith

Somerset, UK.
Reply #5 - Jan 25th, 2015, 1:47am

Thanks, that sounds a bit like it was, I will need to look again now that there has been another new release recently.

Cheers,

Graham

IP Logged
ksrhee

Reply #6 - Jan 25th, 2015, 7:52am

I'm using 6.1.3, and that is what I discovered.  Hopefully, this will be addressed in the near future.

IP Logged
Graham Smith

Somerset, UK.
Reply #7 - Jan 25th, 2015, 7:57am

Thanks again,

I assumed/hoped that would have been fixed in 6.1.3, as I am much more interested in creating new notes in TB than Simplenote.

Cheers,

Graham

IP Logged
Mark Anderson
YaBB Administrator

User - not staff!

Southsea, UK
Reply #8 - Jan 25th, 2015, 1:42pm

If you want new features, don't forget to contact Eastgate directly, as this is a user-to-user forum.

--
Mark Anderson
TB user and Wiki Gardener
aTbRef v6
(TB consulting - email me)
WWW shoantel   IP Logged
Graham Smith

Somerset, UK.
Reply #9 - Jan 25th, 2015, 2:14pm

Quote:
If you want new features, don't forget to contact Eastgate directly, as this is a user-to-user forum.

Is this a new feature?

I thought TB 5 allowed you to add entries using  TB, which would then sync with SimpleNote.  

I have assumed this to be a bug, which I reported directly to Eastgate when 6 came out and have been waiting for it to get fixed with each new release.

But maybe its never worked, and I am misremembering, as I only used 5 for a short period of time, just coming back to TB with the release of 6

Cheers,

Graham

IP Logged
Mark Anderson
YaBB Administrator

User - not staff!

Southsea, UK
Reply #10 - Jan 25th, 2015, 3:20pm

I'm not sure, I don't use SN.  But whatever, this is a user-to-user forum and your problem isn't fixable by your fellow users. same advice applies, this is something to take up with support.

For clarity, I'm not trying to be unhelpful. It's just that you're asking about something that we fellow users can't fix.

--
Mark Anderson
TB user and Wiki Gardener
aTbRef v6
(TB consulting - email me)
WWW shoantel   IP Logged
Graham Smith

Somerset, UK.
Reply #11 - Jan 25th, 2015, 4:11pm

Hello Mark,

Quote:
It's just that you're asking about something that we fellow users can't fix.

Except, I'm not asking anything of my fellow users, just responding to a user who refreshed this thread.

A thread I started in July to ask if anyone knew what "I" might be doing wrong as I couldn't get the sync to work as I remembered it working in TB5.

Which, as I mentioned in my last post, I then reported directly to Eastgate, last year, when it appeared to be a bug.

The new poster just refreshed the thread to say that it still wasn't working with the most recent release, and I just thanked him for letting me know, and made some comment alluding to looking forward to it being fixed.

I don't see your comments as being unhelpful, I just don't follow them in the context of this thread.

I know from your other posts, including posts directly helping me with other problems, that your posts are the opposite of unhelpful, but I am struggling a bit following the point of these particular posts in this thread.

Cheers,

Graham

IP Logged
Mark Bernstein
YaBB Administrator

designer of
Tinderbox

Eastgate Systems, Inc.
Reply #12 - Jan 25th, 2015, 4:30pm

There are some tricky technical issues here, and we didn't want to hold the new release until they were solved. In particular, we wanted to get the new walkthrough into everyone's hands now, since some people really want it right now.

We'll get this sorted -- and also explore some new import and sync features -- asap

WWW   IP Logged
Graham Smith

Somerset, UK.
Reply #13 - Jan 25th, 2015, 5:26pm

Quote:
We'll get this sorted -- and also explore some new import and sync features -- asap

Thanks Mark,  I look forward to it.

Cheers,

Graham

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print