Welcome, Guest. Please Login
Tinderbox
  News:
IMPORTANT MESSAGE! This forum has now been replaced by a new forum at http://forum.eastgate.com and no further posting or member registration is allowed. The forum is still accessible via read-only access for reference purposes. If you wish to discuss content here, please use the new forum. N.B. - posting in the new forum requires a fresh registration in the new forum (sorry - member data can't be ported).
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
text width (Read 2073 times)
Willem Smelik

text width
Jun 11th, 2014, 7:06pm

In the text view of a note, the text (of a pre-6 file) has a limited width, but I cannot find the settings to change this. At present, what I see has lines too short for comfort. I must be missing something but have not been able to figure it out.

A less important issue is that I can hide attributes (in one project the number of attributes leave just two lines of text visible on my 23” Cinema Ddisplay), but I can only make them visible again via + for “add key attributes”. There is no menu option “show key attributes”.

Ideally, I would only see those attribute fields that contain a string of text or are true (that filters out a lot in my case).

Generally very very did I say very happy

« Last Edit: Jun 11th, 2014, 7:08pm by Willem Smelik »  
  IP Logged
Mark Bernstein
YaBB Administrator

designer of
Tinderbox

Eastgate Systems, Inc.
Re: text width
Reply #1 - Jun 11th, 2014, 10:02pm

Open the text ruler (Format>Text>Show Ruler  (^⌘-R), select the text, and adjust the margin.

WWW   IP Logged
Mark Bernstein
YaBB Administrator

designer of
Tinderbox

Eastgate Systems, Inc.
hiding key attributes
Reply #2 - Jun 11th, 2014, 10:04pm

View: Hide Key Attributes ( ⇧⌘-K ) is a toggle: if key attributes are hidden, selecting this will display the key attributes once more.

To add a key attribute, use the + button.
To remove a key attribute, select that row of the table and press [delete]

WWW   IP Logged
Willem Smelik

Re: text width
Reply #3 - Jun 12th, 2014, 7:47am

The toggle is intuitive, I tried it yesterday but musty have pressed the wrong keys… very helpful feature, comes exactly at the right time for me.

Thanks also fort the format tip. Still getting used to 6 but already mightily impressed by all the new features.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print