Welcome, Guest. Please Login
Tinderbox
  News:
IMPORTANT MESSAGE! This forum has now been replaced by a new forum at http://forum.eastgate.com and no further posting or member registration is allowed. The forum is still accessible via read-only access for reference purposes. If you wish to discuss content here, please use the new forum. N.B. - posting in the new forum requires a fresh registration in the new forum (sorry - member data can't be ported).
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Using TBX6 with Keyboard Maestro (RESOLVED) (Read 2071 times)
David Bertenshaw

Using TBX6 with Keyboard Maestro (RESOLVED)
Jun 12th, 2014, 3:16pm

Has anyone tried using Keyboard Maestro with TBX6 yet?

I've just tried creating a macro for some simple operations (Document Settings, To Grid) and it's not working -- KM can see the relevant menus, and will carry out the correct command if it's invoked directly using 'Try This', but as soon as you use the shortcut inside TBX, it fails with a beep.

This process works fine in version 5.

This isn't a huge issue for the time being as I can still use OSX's standard facility, but having both programs interact together will be very helpful in due course (makes it easy to keep shortcuts synchronised between computers, for one thing).

It it's not a known issue (and not a mistake on my part...) I'll raise it with the KM developer as well.

UPDATE:

(RESOLVED) KM sees v5 and v6 as totally different programs, so you need to create any macros for TinderboxSix in their own macro group -- once you've done that, it works as expected.

« Last Edit: Jun 13th, 2014, 3:45am by David Bertenshaw »  
  IP Logged
Steve Scott

Re: Using TBX6 with Keyboard Maestro
Reply #1 - Jun 12th, 2014, 7:55pm

Hi David,

I just set up some very simple ones:

expand all
collapse all

Everything works, so far.  Is there one in particular that you want me to test?

Steve

edit:  I'm not sure what you mean by invoking within TBX. . . . I am using the keyboard maestro helper to invoke.

I just added cleanup> To Grid

« Last Edit: Jun 12th, 2014, 8:02pm by Steve Scott »  
  IP Logged
David Bertenshaw

Re: Using TBX6 with Keyboard Maestro
Reply #2 - Jun 13th, 2014, 3:28am

Thanks Steve, that's helpful.

I'm using KM 6.4.3. I create the macro in the normal way then, still with KM having the focus, click the 'Try' button to the right of the action box. The macro works.

If I have TBX6 in focus, pressing the shortcut just beeps. This is with several different actions and several different shortcuts.

Now I know that it's working for you, I'll do some more testing and see what I can come up with.

Thanks again.

IP Logged
David Bertenshaw

Re: Using TBX6 with Keyboard Maestro (RESOLVED)
Reply #3 - Jun 13th, 2014, 3:42am

Found out what's been happening.

I'd added the new macro to my old Tinderbox macro group. I needed to create a new TinderboxSix group -- once I'd done that everything worked as expected.

Thanks again Steve.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print