Welcome, Guest. Please Login
Tinderbox
  News:
IMPORTANT MESSAGE! This forum has now been replaced by a new forum at http://forum.eastgate.com and no further posting or member registration is allowed. The forum is still accessible via read-only access for reference purposes. If you wish to discuss content here, please use the new forum. N.B. - posting in the new forum requires a fresh registration in the new forum (sorry - member data can't be ported).
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Keyboard shortcut? (Read 2495 times)
mrkwr

Keyboard shortcut?
Jun 15th, 2014, 1:26pm

Is there a keyboard shortcut for flipping back and forth between the outline and note text?

I've found hitting Space when on a note's name in the Outline puts the cursor at the end of the text, but I can't find any way of getting back into the outline using the keyboard is there one?

IP Logged
David Bertenshaw

Re: Keyboard shortcut?
Reply #1 - Jun 15th, 2014, 2:01pm

Opt-tab cycles between the outline, the text (and, if visible, the key attribute list) and back to the outline.

BTW, I've requested that this helpful feature is expanded so that you can use the keyboard effectively within the attribute list as well -- at the moment, editing an attribute either kicks you back to the top of the list so you have to use the down arrow again x times to find the next attribute, or sends you straight back to the outline, depending upon which key you press to confirm the edit.

IP Logged
mrkwr

Reply #2 - Jun 16th, 2014, 5:27am

Thanks!

Presumably Mark A. will pull together a list of otherwise undocumented features like this for the atbref?

IP Logged
David Bertenshaw

Reply #3 - Jun 16th, 2014, 5:37am

Have a look at the other thread in this forum about keyboard shortcuts -- Mark A has attached a list of shortcuts for v5 and v6.

Apparently, there is some discussion about the final list for V6, and this is a working document, so there will be changes.

IP Logged
Mark Anderson
YaBB Administrator

User - not staff!

Southsea, UK
Reply #4 - Jun 16th, 2014, 5:38am

Already have - see this thread. It's the picture with shortcuts as I understand it, though things are still a little in flux especially as different sub-groups of users lobby for shortcuts for their particular workflows (which can be surprisingly disparate in style/need.

A new aTbRef is coming but it's one of the docs that's struggled to move to v6 and I'm re-writing a doc representing 8+ years accumulated work - so it won't be overnight.  Wink

--
Mark Anderson
TB user and Wiki Gardener
aTbRef v6
(TB consulting - email me)
WWW shoantel   IP Logged
mrkwr

Reply #5 - Jun 16th, 2014, 5:21pm

Mark A, thanks for the link to the shortcuts, and apologies for not having tracked this down myself already.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print