Welcome, Guest. Please Login
Tinderbox
  News:
IMPORTANT MESSAGE! This forum has now been replaced by a new forum at http://forum.eastgate.com and no further posting or member registration is allowed. The forum is still accessible via read-only access for reference purposes. If you wish to discuss content here, please use the new forum. N.B. - posting in the new forum requires a fresh registration in the new forum (sorry - member data can't be ported).
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Changes from 6.0 to 6.1? (Read 2437 times)
Steve Scott

Changes from 6.0 to 6.1?
Jun 19th, 2014, 2:10pm

Does Tinderbox publish the list of changes between minor versions? I am curious about some issues that I experienced in v6.0.  In particular, some crashes with simplenote and some issues with the inspector.

Thanks,
Steve

« Last Edit: Jun 19th, 2014, 2:10pm by Steve Scott »  
  IP Logged
David Bertenshaw

Re: Changes from 6.0 to 6.1?
Reply #1 - Jun 19th, 2014, 2:32pm

I was just about to ask the same question. V5 used to come with a tbx file giving the changes history which was useful.

From a very quick play, I've noticed the following (very welcome) changes:

* cmd-2 shortcut to QuickStamp
* visual indication of links in the Outline (I really like this)
* a shortcut for Roadmap

The maps refresh issue (toggle from a map to an outline and back again: the map is in the wrong position and only the links are shown until I drag the map background) is still present, though (reported to Eastgate).

It would be interesting and helpful to see the list of changes.

IP Logged
Steve Scott

Reply #2 - Jun 19th, 2014, 2:34pm

From http://www.acrobatfaq.com/atbref5/index/ChangeLog.html, Quote:
Remember that every Tinderbox download contains a full listing in the Release Notes TBX file and the Release Notes are packaged inside the application itself and can be accessed during use from the Help menu.

I found what I was looking for!!  Wow, there are a ton of changes!

IP Logged
David Bertenshaw

Reply #3 - Jun 19th, 2014, 3:29pm

Ah, I see. They used to be a specific item on the Help menu itself. Now they're reached through the Help file index.

IP Logged
Mark Anderson
YaBB Administrator

User - not staff!

Southsea, UK
Reply #4 - Jun 19th, 2014, 3:38pm

Actually we're at v6.0.1 not 6.1.0, not that it really matters - a new version is out! In v6, the Release Notes have moved into the Help file (the source of which is a TBX!). In the Help file, look towards the bottom of the main list for 'Release Notes'.

The new aTbRef may be a few weeks off as I've an MSc dissertation to research/write this summer and there's a lot of re-writing to do: new TB features/UI and dead wood to prune. As I try not to mess with articles after first publishing, I want to get a better structure at start. I'll find a new method to make (if not display) change notes as I discovered the queries its agent in TB were using was slowing the whole file down.

« Last Edit: Jun 19th, 2014, 3:39pm by Mark Anderson »  

--
Mark Anderson
TB user and Wiki Gardener
aTbRef v6
(TB consulting - email me)
WWW shoantel   IP Logged
David Bertenshaw

Reply #5 - Jun 19th, 2014, 3:44pm

Another welcome change -- when you enter an outline without a note being selected, the down arrow takes you to the first item without having to click on a note first.

Obviously there are lots of other fixes and improvements as well... much admiration for the developers and their hard work.

Thanks.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print