Welcome, Guest. Please Login
Tinderbox
  News:
IMPORTANT MESSAGE! This forum has now been replaced by a new forum at http://forum.eastgate.com and no further posting or member registration is allowed. The forum is still accessible via read-only access for reference purposes. If you wish to discuss content here, please use the new forum. N.B. - posting in the new forum requires a fresh registration in the new forum (sorry - member data can't be ported).
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Red close-file button still "on" after file save (Read 1133 times)
Gregg Williams

San Jose CA
Red close-file button still "on" after file save
Jun 23rd, 2014, 11:02pm

Even after I save a TBX file in TinderboxSIX, the red "close file" button in the upper left corner still has the black-dot inside it that signifies that the file has content that has not been saved.

Is anyone else gettting this?

If so, it's a bug. Thanks.

IP Logged
Mark Anderson
YaBB Administrator

User - not staff!

Southsea, UK
Re: Red close-file button still "on" after file save
Reply #1 - Jun 24th, 2014, 4:58am

No, it's not necessarily a bug. If you've got agents and rules running, the data may/will have been altered since you explicitly saved. The swift re-appearance of the 'dirty' flag - the black dot - has been noted and it's certainly less swift to reappear than in early tests - though rules/agents will always affect this.

As it happens, v6 saves in the background so the need to explicitly save data has rather gone away. On closing a doc, TB will save it. If you just close the app it will re-open with the doc. I'll admit that being used to manually saving, I took a while to adjust. But it does work.  The autosaving has even recovered an unsaved new file (after I crashed a beta) - impressive.

--
Mark Anderson
TB user and Wiki Gardener
aTbRef v6
(TB consulting - email me)
WWW shoantel   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print