Welcome, Guest. Please Login
Tinderbox
  News:
IMPORTANT MESSAGE! This forum has now been replaced by a new forum at http://forum.eastgate.com and no further posting or member registration is allowed. The forum is still accessible via read-only access for reference purposes. If you wish to discuss content here, please use the new forum. N.B. - posting in the new forum requires a fresh registration in the new forum (sorry - member data can't be ported).
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Changing $TitleFont (Read 1722 times)
Paul Atlan

Abu Dhabi
Changing $TitleFont
Jun 26th, 2014, 2:20am

aTBref explains (http://www.acrobatfaq.com/atbref5/index/Preferences/TinderboxapplevelPrefere/Tit...) that you can change the font for a note title with $TitleFont, and shows a pane to do this in document preferences.

I can't find that pane in TB6.
When I use the Inspector, I'm told that $TitleFont is set to "Lucida Grande (preference)" and I can't change it from there.
If I go in the Document Settings panel, I don't have anything that refers explicitlely to $TitleFont, and none of the 2 fonts you can set are set to Lucida....

Any thoughts what I can do?

« Last Edit: Jun 26th, 2014, 2:21am by Paul Atlan »  
WWW   IP Logged
Mark Anderson
YaBB Administrator

User - not staff!

Southsea, UK
Re: Changing $TitleFont
Reply #1 - Jun 26th, 2014, 3:33am

$TitleFont is obsolete in v6. It is only used in v5 text windows (which v6 doesn't have) and only then if $ShowTitle is true.

The title at the top of the main (right-side) text pane is $Name (N.B. never $DisplayName). In v6 it is rendered in $NameFont - the font used for title displayed in the left (Map/Outline/etc.) view. From v6.0.1, the default for $NameFont is HelveticaNeue.

For v6+ work just ignore $TitleFont, $TitleBackgroundColor and $TitleForegroundColor. They are there for v5 compatibility only.

~~~~~~~~~
aTbRef is baselined on v5.0 and covers up to v5.12.2 and doesn't cover v6. The new v6 version is on the stocks but I'm on a full time MSc right now and the current doc was 8 years in the making so it's not 'just' a case of a few edits!

« Last Edit: Jun 26th, 2014, 3:33am by Mark Anderson »  

--
Mark Anderson
TB user and Wiki Gardener
aTbRef v6
(TB consulting - email me)
WWW shoantel   IP Logged
Paul Atlan

Abu Dhabi
Reply #2 - Jun 26th, 2014, 3:41am

thanks for that re $titlefont. clarifies things!

re aTBref - i understand it refers to v5 - was just citing because it's useful for reference
Also, not at all implying you're slacking: it's tough work. BTW, have you called for help in the community, and can we contribute?

WWW   IP Logged
Mark Anderson
YaBB Administrator

User - not staff!

Southsea, UK
Reply #3 - Jun 26th, 2014, 4:17am

I'm always happy to get inputs - even if it's just typos or grammatical (doing 'quick' corrections are a sure vector for the latter to creep on).

A aTbRef uses fixed URLs I don't like to change articles around once added. aTbRef5 is pulling 8 years baggage and needs some thinning. Also TB export doesn't support linking to content included in another page (even if only included once in one location), so lots of smaller notes remains the way to go.

I think areas like the UI description, import export, and the user could do with some review as new articles have been added as features change and could perhaps do with some merging/re-editing. I've tried to make attribute notes just point to a page about what they affect as many features started with one attribute and gained more needing my to copy over the wider context issue. The color grid will move to a new doc, although I'll probably still use the grid image it create.

I'm going to be more brutal with syntax and just remove most mention of deprecated** export/action usage - I think it's useful for new users to see legacy-support syntax as an error, as it gives them clearer rules for usage. If anyone needs old listings aTbRef5 will still be online.

** In many cases I'm effectively arbiter of taste as to what's deprecated (most of it still works - for now). I've discussed the broad strokes with Eastgate. However, I don't have the support problem of angry users who don't want to have to update code they wrote 5 years back.

Anyway input is always welcome (or directly to: mwra at mac.com). The one thing I'm not looking to do is demos/big worked examples within aTbRef; I'll stick to syntax variant examples as at present.  The doc is big enough as it is!

I'm very keen to hear about any features/shortcuts/etc that I've missed. Lastly, if the actual HTML page layout can be improved please let me know. FWIW, I use the HTML pages here daily and use the page-top set of quick links a lot.

--
Mark Anderson
TB user and Wiki Gardener
aTbRef v6
(TB consulting - email me)
WWW shoantel   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print