Welcome, Guest. Please Login
Tinderbox
  News:
IMPORTANT MESSAGE! This forum has now been replaced by a new forum at http://forum.eastgate.com and no further posting or member registration is allowed. The forum is still accessible via read-only access for reference purposes. If you wish to discuss content here, please use the new forum. N.B. - posting in the new forum requires a fresh registration in the new forum (sorry - member data can't be ported).
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
bar in map view (Read 2858 times)
JRL

bar in map view
Jul 07th, 2014, 8:39pm

In T5 I've used the bar function in map view to monitor project completion status visually. I've pulled up the same files in T6 but the graphic doesn't show up unless you're one level higher. What I mean is that if you have project1 container, inside that subproject1 container, inside that subsubproject1 container that has $Pattern=bar($PercentComplete)...
I have to be at the project1 level, looking into the subproject1 AND inside that, the subsubproject1 container, to see the bar visual. If I jump down into the subproject container, I still see the subsubproject1 container, but the bar graphic for the subsubproject1 container doesn't visually show up. I cannot use the dashboards that make Tinderbox such a useful tool to me! Help!

John L
OSX 10.10.1/ TB 6.1.1
  IP Logged
Mark Anderson
YaBB Administrator

User - not staff!

Southsea, UK
Re: bar in map view
Reply #1 - Jul 8th, 2014, 3:54am

If I understand you correctly, you don't see a bar pattern for notes on the current map, but only when such patterned notes are viewed in the viewport of a container on the current map.

I can't replicate that in the current v6.0.1. I suggest you send to support a copy of a file showing this problem.

--
Mark Anderson
TB user and Wiki Gardener
aTbRef v6
(TB consulting - email me)
WWW shoantel   IP Logged
JRL

Reply #2 - Jul 14th, 2014, 9:51pm

I think I have the context of the problem... when I make  note1 with $Pattern=bar(50), and Color, Color2 set, I see the expected visual of the bar. When I then drop in another note INTO note1, making it a container, the visual of the bar goes away. Somehow I seem to be overriding the bar with another Color definition.. map background color or something? Again I still see the bar if I'm one level up (seeing the note1 container inside another container)
thanks

John L
OSX 10.10.1/ TB 6.1.1
  IP Logged
JRL

Reply #3 - Jul 14th, 2014, 10:04pm

Trying to show with picture, for new file in 6.0.2:
1st note with bar(50)

moving note2 into note1, making note1 a container, and overwriting (somehow) the bar(50) visualization

« Last Edit: Jul 14th, 2014, 10:14pm by JRL »  

John L
OSX 10.10.1/ TB 6.1.1
  IP Logged
Mark Bernstein
YaBB Administrator

designer of
Tinderbox

Eastgate Systems, Inc.
Reply #4 - Jul 15th, 2014, 8:45am

To cut through various distractions and red herrings, the issue here is as follows:

Quote:
In 6.0.2, bar() and vbar() are drawn correctly for notes but not for containers. They are drawn correctly for interior notes and interior containers.

This will likely be addressed in the next update.

WWW   IP Logged
JRL

Reply #5 - Jul 19th, 2014, 8:49am

Mark, thanks for this info. I'll keep working with 5.1.2 to keep my present templates and eagerly await an update.

John L
OSX 10.10.1/ TB 6.1.1
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print