Welcome, Guest. Please Login
Tinderbox
  News:
IMPORTANT MESSAGE! This forum has now been replaced by a new forum at http://forum.eastgate.com and no further posting or member registration is allowed. The forum is still accessible via read-only access for reference purposes. If you wish to discuss content here, please use the new forum. N.B. - posting in the new forum requires a fresh registration in the new forum (sorry - member data can't be ported).
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Solarized Dark Color Scheme (Read 3541 times)
Mark Cubberley

Solarized Dark Color Scheme
Jul 22nd, 2014, 11:49am

How do I set this color scheme in TBX 6?

IP Logged
Mark Anderson
YaBB Administrator

User - not staff!

Southsea, UK
Re: Solarized Dark Color Scheme
Reply #1 - Jul 22nd, 2014, 1:37pm

I assume this is a v5 '.tbc' file? If so just drag drop onto the v6 document. That works for me.

Since v6, the app support folder for TB has a  'color schemes' sub folder. I tried putting a valid 'tbc' file in there and restarting the app but the colour scheme is not detected (or not listed). I suspect the folder may be for saving custom colour schemes via a method not yet implemented. For the colour scheme to show up in Document settings , you need to a dd a sub-folder to 'color schemes' names as for the name of the scheme. Then put the TBC file in that folder. JUst tested in v6.0.2 and it works.

« Last Edit: Jul 22nd, 2014, 3:36pm by Mark Anderson »  

--
Mark Anderson
TB user and Wiki Gardener
aTbRef v6
(TB consulting - email me)
WWW shoantel   IP Logged
Mark Cubberley

Reply #2 - Jul 22nd, 2014, 2:11pm

It is, in fact, the solarized.tbc file from Mark's blog (solarized dark from his inset image.)

I must be missing something.  When I drop the .tbc file into the Map view of a v6 document, I do not see any change in the color scheme (notes, background, text, etc.)

I cannot drag the .tbc file onto the TBX v6 (icon?) in a Finder window...

IP Logged
Mark Anderson
YaBB Administrator

User - not staff!

Southsea, UK
Reply #3 - Jul 22nd, 2014, 2:27pm

I can't find the reference you mention (a URL would help).  Meanwhile, by a 'TBX' I mean a Tinderbox data file, not the app (icon) in the doc.  Open you (TBX) document.  Switch to Finder, find the '.tbc' colour scheme file, drag it onto the document window. That works here.

--
Mark Anderson
aTbRef v6
WWW shoantel   IP Logged
Mark Cubberley

Reply #4 - Jul 22nd, 2014, 3:09pm

Here's the link to the .tbc file: http://www.markbernstein.org/Sep11/TinderboxColors.html.

I downloaded the .tbc file to my Desktop.  When I drag the .tbc file from my Desktop into a TBX Map pane with notes, nothing happens (from what I can tell).

« Last Edit: Jul 22nd, 2014, 3:09pm by Mark Cubberley »  
  IP Logged
Mark Anderson
YaBB Administrator

User - not staff!

Southsea, UK
Reply #5 - Jul 22nd, 2014, 3:29pm

Works here. But, don't install that file. Why? Because it is effectively the same as the built-in v6 'solarized' scheme that you can set from a v6 Document Settings 'Colors' tab. However, the new version has a better font choice for $TextFont; v5 choice file's choice of LucidaGrande has no italic face so you lose all text italics in v6 if that font is set as $TextFont.

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Assuming you really did want to use the v5 file despite the above advice:

The download is a DMG. Doublee-click and get the TBC file within. Drag than onto a TB6 file and I see the new colours listed in the $Color pop-up on the Appearance Inspector, for instance 'violet' which doesn't exist in a default file.

--
Mark Anderson
aTbRef v6
WWW shoantel   IP Logged
Mark Anderson
YaBB Administrator

User - not staff!

Southsea, UK
Reply #6 - Jul 22nd, 2014, 3:37pm

I've corrected my earlier post above for how you add new user TBC files to TB so they are accessible via Document Settings alongside the ones built into the app.

--
Mark Anderson
aTbRef v6
WWW shoantel   IP Logged
Mark Cubberley

Reply #7 - Jul 22nd, 2014, 3:40pm

Ahh...I see now.  I was aware of the Solarized scheme in the 'Colors" tab.  What I was not aware was that I had to manually pick colors to create, for example, the solarized dark scheme.  I was hoping the file would populate these choices for me.  (Iterm2 works like this.)  Ugh...thanks for the help.

IP Logged
Mark Anderson
YaBB Administrator

User - not staff!

Southsea, UK
Reply #8 - Jul 22nd, 2014, 3:52pm

Some scheme do, some don't. It's quite free form.  If you're comfortable reading XML, drill down into the TB6 app package and look at the TBC files (doubtless, eventually , aTbRef6 will cover this) otherwise the answer is scheme results 'may vary'. Some set $TextFont and $TextBackgroundColor. Some alter the colour of existing built-in named colours others just add to them. Blame the person writing the scheme - they get to choose.  Wink

You can write your own. If you don't get the XML code aspect of the task, just say what you want to set and I should be able to knock something up and give you the TBC file to implement your choices.

--
Mark Anderson
aTbRef v6
WWW shoantel   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print