Welcome, Guest. Please Login
Tinderbox
  News:
IMPORTANT MESSAGE! This forum has now been replaced by a new forum at http://forum.eastgate.com and no further posting or member registration is allowed. The forum is still accessible via read-only access for reference purposes. If you wish to discuss content here, please use the new forum. N.B. - posting in the new forum requires a fresh registration in the new forum (sorry - member data can't be ported).
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Exporting to a website (Read 2462 times)
MichaelB

Exporting to a website
Jul 23rd, 2014, 4:01pm

I have two questions:

1. I understand how to export HTML, but is there a way to export directly from TB to a WordPress word site, or is there still going to be a copy and paste operation needed? That's ok, particularly if a high level of coding or scripting skills is needed to make it work.

2. I often take portions of my DayBook and post a day's entry as a blog post.  But short of marking all of the entries I don't want exported as not for export/ or no children exported, is there a way to just export the one entry? Or do I need to save it as a separate document to do so?

Thanks very much.  

Michael

IP Logged
Mark Anderson
YaBB Administrator

User - not staff!

Southsea, UK
Re: Exporting to a website
Reply #1 - Jul 23rd, 2014, 4:18pm

#2) Currently (v6.0.2) there is no way to export a single page on demand  - i.e. as with the v5 HTML Inspector 'export' button. I'm sure this will return but I've not idea how soon.

#1) I've no expertise with Wordpress. v6 has no specific Wordpress access support built-in. A quick google indicates there are some (not free?) browser/Wordpress plugins to facilitate uploading 'articles' to Wordpress. If you can post an example of the format of the document you'll need to pass to Wordpress by this method (I suspect it's XML or Atom rather than HTML) I'm sure it will be possible to make templates for that. Of, course there is still issue #2 to consider.

« Last Edit: Jul 23rd, 2014, 4:18pm by Mark Anderson »  

--
Mark Anderson
TB user and Wiki Gardener
aTbRef v6
(TB consulting - email me)
WWW shoantel   IP Logged
MichaelB

Re: Exporting to a website
Reply #2 - Jul 24th, 2014, 11:36am

Thank you Mark.  No pressing need.  Just wanted to know what my parameters were.  Thanks for all your help the last couple of weeks.

Michael

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print