Welcome, Guest. Please Login
Tinderbox
  News:
IMPORTANT MESSAGE! This forum has now been replaced by a new forum at http://forum.eastgate.com and no further posting or member registration is allowed. The forum is still accessible via read-only access for reference purposes. If you wish to discuss content here, please use the new forum. N.B. - posting in the new forum requires a fresh registration in the new forum (sorry - member data can't be ported).
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Searching Attribute Values with Find command? (Read 2007 times)
Trevor Harvey

Tallahassee
Searching Attribute Values with Find command?
Aug 08th, 2014, 10:51am

With the loss of the Find view, and the pop-up menu contained within the window in Tinderbox 5, I don't see a way to search user attribute values in Tinderbox 6. Is there a way to accomplish this that I am overlooking or is this a feature lost (temporarily, hopefully) in the rewrite of Tinderbox 6? Of course an agent can be used, but Find or Find/Replace can be much more efficient in some circumstances.

IP Logged
David Bertenshaw

Re: Searching Attribute Values with Find command?
Reply #1 - Aug 8th, 2014, 12:19pm

Have you tried the Attribute Browser (cmd-opt-A)?

It allows you to show the values for the attributes you select: so you'd pick AttributeA from the pull-down list and it will show you all notes with such an attribute, sorted by the individual values. You can alter the values on the fly.

Does that help?

IP Logged
Jon B.

Reply #2 - Aug 8th, 2014, 7:21pm

I'm with Trevor; please bring the more comprehensive find functionality back!

IP Logged
Trevor Harvey

Tallahassee
Reply #3 - Aug 11th, 2014, 4:21pm

Thanks, David, for pointing out the Attribute Browser. I have yet to really use the Attribute Browser and need reminders to keep working with it and exploring it.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print