Welcome, Guest. Please Login
Tinderbox
  News:
IMPORTANT MESSAGE! This forum has now been replaced by a new forum at http://forum.eastgate.com and no further posting or member registration is allowed. The forum is still accessible via read-only access for reference purposes. If you wish to discuss content here, please use the new forum. N.B. - posting in the new forum requires a fresh registration in the new forum (sorry - member data can't be ported).
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Drag and drop emails in Tinderbox 6 (Read 1618 times)
Rigas Arvanitis

Paris (France)
Drag and drop emails in Tinderbox 6
Aug 13th, 2014, 10:57am

In Tinderbox 5, I used to drag and drop from the Mail.app inside a Tbx document. Then inside that document I could open the email with a space. It does not seem to work the same way in Tbx 6? How can I do this?
Best

Rigas Arvanitis
WWW   IP Logged
Mark Anderson
YaBB Administrator

User - not staff!

Southsea, UK
Re: Drag and drop emails in Tinderbox 6
Reply #1 - Aug 13th, 2014, 12:12pm

It does work in v6, but you (currently) need to expose $URL for the note and click the code button.  I think the extra steps are simply existing stuff that as yet hasn't been re-written into the v6 codebase, bearing in mind that the latter has been completely re-written. v6 is 'new' in many ways more than a roll in the version number.

FWIW, the method only works with Apple Mail emails and not MS Outlook should anyone be using the latter (I do on one of my Macs).

I've reported this on to Eastgate.

--
Mark Anderson
TB user and Wiki Gardener
aTbRef v6
(TB consulting - email me)
WWW shoantel   IP Logged
Rigas Arvanitis

Paris (France)
Re: Drag and drop emails in Tinderbox 6
Reply #2 - Aug 13th, 2014, 12:54pm

Thank you Mark,
Quote:
you (currently) need to expose $URL for the note and click the code button

It works fine. Just need to make stamp so that revealing the $URL is made easily.

Rigas Arvanitis
WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print