Welcome, Guest. Please Login
Tinderbox
  News:
IMPORTANT MESSAGE! This forum has now been replaced by a new forum at http://forum.eastgate.com and no further posting or member registration is allowed. The forum is still accessible via read-only access for reference purposes. If you wish to discuss content here, please use the new forum. N.B. - posting in the new forum requires a fresh registration in the new forum (sorry - member data can't be ported).
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Basic adornment color question (Read 2295 times)
Greg Korgeski

Vermont
Basic adornment color question
Aug 30th, 2014, 8:27am

I must have had another chunk of my brain peel off and vanish but I can't recall how to do this, or wonder if it's changed or something: how to create an adornment in a map to use as a title with no visible background to the adornment? Setting opacity to 0 has been obliterating both the adornment and the title text of the adornment (I thought that had worked); an old forum note suggests using "translucent" but I can't figure out how to make that work if it's still around. There are various attributes in the list with the name "color" but nothing seems to quite fit. Suggestions appreciated.

Thank you.

IP Logged
David Bertenshaw

Re: Basic adornment color question
Reply #1 - Aug 30th, 2014, 8:56am

One way is...

Cmd-1 to bring up the inspector, fourth panel along (Appearance Inspector), choose the 'Interior' tab, then set Color to 'transparent'.

It seems to work for me, anyway.

IP Logged
Greg Korgeski

Vermont
Reply #2 - Aug 30th, 2014, 9:05am

Thanks, David.

I'd add that then one should remember that you also have to then locate the Text Inspector (to the right) to set the text, since default may be white and you might like something else.

IP Logged
Mark Anderson
YaBB Administrator

User - not staff!

Southsea, UK
Reply #3 - Aug 30th, 2014, 11:24am

FYI, the default colour of $NameColor of an adornment title is 'automatic' rather than white. It attempts to use white or black to give sufficient contrast if the $Color of the adornment is changed. If you are changing the adornment's $Color and it won't change again, than it may make sense to pick a new $NameColor if you want other than black or white text.

--
Mark Anderson
TB user and Wiki Gardener
aTbRef v6
(TB consulting - email me)
WWW shoantel   IP Logged
Greg Korgeski

Vermont
Reply #4 - Aug 30th, 2014, 10:52pm

Thanks, Mark.

IP Logged